Laser Exhausts

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

RSBowling

Laser Exhausts

Postby RSBowling » Wed May 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Hi,
I thought I'd chance my arm and see if laser themselves still sell the exhausts for the 11s, and as luck would have it they still do!
They have the ones fitted to the showroom boxer cup, and the full race system from the boxer cup series.
The showroom ones are €362
Race system €789
I bought the showroom one, and it cost me with delivery and fees £320. Arrived from Holland within a week, and is brand spanking new with the whole fitting kit and removable baffles.
I dealt with a bloke called Michel, his email address is on lasers website, but it's MBosschaart@laserexhausts.com
I found him very helpful and professional, and I was dubious to send money to a overseas account via bank transfer, but it all went through smoothly.
Hope this helps someone else,
Cheers,
Rich

RSBowling

Re: Laser Exhausts

Postby RSBowling » Wed May 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Oh while I'm on, I fitted the exhausts and they are great, much lighter than oem.
But for some reason my numberplate light and tail light don't work, brake light does however! Bulbs ok and connections seem OK, anyone had this before?
Cheers,
Rich

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Wed May 17, 2017 9:19 pm

Now then Rich

Thats great news, thinking of getting the twin link pipes to marry with my BoxerCup Replica downpipes and end cans, the factory supplied system has a single link pipe.
Sorry, can't hep with your lights but sounds like you may have caught a wire or have you checked fuses Mate ?

Cheers
John
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

RSBowling

Postby RSBowling » Wed May 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Hi John,
The race system is really trick, but very loud, but they have a option of baffles too.
Don't think I've caught anything mate, headlamp works, maybe a connection or like you say a fuse.
Cheers,
Rich

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu May 18, 2017 4:08 am

RSBowling wrote:Hi John,
The race system is really trick, but very loud

Excellent :D

big rob

Postby big rob » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:56 pm

RSBowling wrote:Hi,
I thought I'd chance my arm and see if laser themselves still sell the exhausts for the 11s, and as luck would have it they still do!
They have the ones fitted to the showroom boxer cup, and the full race system from the boxer cup series.
The showroom ones are €362
Race system €789
I bought the showroom one, and it cost me with delivery and fees £320. Arrived from Holland within a week, and is brand spanking new with the whole fitting kit and removable baffles.
I dealt with a bloke called Michel, his email address is on lasers website, but it's MBosschaart@laserexhausts.com
I found him very helpful and professional, and I was dubious to send money to a overseas account via bank transfer, but it all went through smoothly.
Hope this helps someone else,
Cheers,
Rich

After reading your post I too contacted Laser and enquired about a Y-piece. My request was responded too very quickly and a new Laser 'Oval Sports Collector' (Y-Piece) was duly ordered and paid for via bank transfer, I was told I would receive DPD tracking information once Laser had received funds.
Unfortunately I heard nowt from Laser 10-days after transferring funds to their account so I contacted (telephone) Michel to verify they had received our money & he confirmed they had, shortly after our call I got an email stating Y-piece should be with me soon, however I didn't get DPD tracking number as he'd previously stated.
Nearly 2-weeks later I still haven't taken delivery of said Y-Piece, I have mailed Laser 3 times & tried to phone on 3 occasions, my calls haven't been answered & I have had no reply to my emails.
Today we have been to our bank & requested that they put a trace on the money and try to recall it.

I am bitterly disappointed with Laser and suggest that anyone else considering buying directly from them do so with caution. I never thought I would have so much unnecessary stress from such a high profile manufacturer :(

On a cheerier note, I have recently bought a Y-piece from a fellow Trixter

Rob.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:29 pm

Rob thats a nightmare Mate, I hope you get sorted.

RSBowling

Postby RSBowling » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:56 am

Sorry too hear that rob! Feel bad for recommending it!
I'm surprised as the dealings I had went smoothly.
Hope it gets resolved for you.
Kind regards,
Rich

big rob

Postby big rob » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:05 pm

Today a nice man from DPD delivered the oval sports collector (Y-piece) I ordered & paid for 10+ weeks ago from Laser.

Last week I emailed the complaints department at the Dutch Bank that Laser deal with, Laser were sent a copy of the email too :twisted:
Just 24-hours later I was sent a DPD tracking number :shock:

Will probably never know why Laser chose to ignore my numerous attempts to contact them over the last few months?

Hopefully the bloody thing fits now.

Cheers,
Rob :)

Return to “Boxertech”