alarm

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

stevesilver

alarm

Postby stevesilver » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:59 am

I truly have the most useless alarm on my 11s in the history of useless alarms.
Its a Laserline 860.
You can rock the bike, shake the bike, do anything you like to it and the alarm does not sound at all.

The only time the alarm goes off is when your going for a ride. You put the ignition on and you get 10 seconds to deactivate the alarm.
You do that by pressing either of the 2 buttons on the remote fob.
Quiet often this frantic button pressing does nothing and the very loud alarm activates and you are left sitting on the bike still pressing these stupid bloody buttons looking like a proper idiot, with everybody now looking at you :x

So the winter project is to remove it. I have in the past removed a datatool alarm I had on my blade successfully, but thats cos i fitted it.
(The datatool alarm fitter had broken his arm so he stood behind me telling me what to do) Got £50 quid discount for that. It was enjoyable too.

Hope this pile of shit is done in the same way. Only difference being I dont know where any of the wiring has been absorbed by the loom, or indeed where the alarm itself is.

But enough is enough it has to come off!!!!!!!!

I feel better for sharing that, thanks people.........

popsky

Re: alarm

Postby popsky » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:32 pm

It's nice that we could help in some small way :mrgreen: good luck
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Al

Postby Al » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:36 pm

I managed to disect my datatool one from the 1100 and I am a complete f****it with electrics, the alarm unit was next to the battery tray along with the tilt switch unit, with an easily identifiable power wire from the fusebox, I just took the tank and all the panels off and identified anything that wasn't wrapped like the rest of the loom, traced things back and worked out where and what the extra wires were, couple of hours and it was in the bin. Good luck.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

fontana

Postby fontana » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:22 pm

I had my Datatool alarm professionally removed.
Best £80 I've ever spent on a bike.

ianbcr

Postby ianbcr » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:57 pm

Looks like I will have to remove the alarm (Datatool) from my TLR as the battery in the main unit has died and once replaced cannot be coded back to the fob so the alarm cannot be disabled when the bikes battery is connected. :evil:
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

fontana

Postby fontana » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:22 pm

I don't know if anyone remembers, but donkeys years ago there was a company that made an alarm that was basically just a motion detector you wired straight to the battery, which sat under the saddle, much like a conventional alarm.
I had one and it worked very well.
Not the most effective alarm on the market, but a decent enough deterrent to the opportunist, perhaps better then nothing.
I've been searching for them but can't find them.
Oh and a word of warning about disc lock alarms.
Apparently the thieves just spray expanding foam into the alarm sounder before taking it off
:(

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:17 am

Have a bucket of water handy - they can be loud!!
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

KTM AL

Postby KTM AL » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:25 pm

I too have a dead Datatool alarm on my 1100s which I found after I bought it . I was thinking of trying to revive it as I have all the paper work and two fobs. Still a bit worried it might one day immobilise or go off and the fob will still be in the kitchen draw.

Return to “Boxertech”