Mobile bike electrician

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

stevesilver

Mobile bike electrician

Postby stevesilver » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:17 am

Morning all, so alarm removed, bike will not start, christ knows what I've done.

It seems like the kill switch is permanently on.

Over my pay grade, so can anyone recommend a bike sparky preferable mobile in the north kent/se london area?

Cheers

boxerscott

Re: Mobile bike electrician

Postby boxerscott » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Steve, Buy an Haynes manual, check out your model wiring diagram. It can not be that difficult to restore to original? Surely. I have removed alarms before and did not find it difficult when armed with the wiring diagram.

Chris

Think I may have an r1100s workshop cd still lying about, I will have a look tomoz and if I have you can have it.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

stevesilver

Postby stevesilver » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:32 am

boxerscott wrote:Steve, Buy an Haynes manual, check out your model wiring diagram. It can not be that difficult to restore to original? Surely. I have removed alarms before and did not find it difficult when armed with the wiring diagram.

Chris

Think I may have an r1100s workshop cd still lying about, I will have a look tomoz and if I have you can have it.

Chris

Yeh, have got a manual, but its so hard translating the diagram into whats actually on the bike.

For instance this picture, where is this 15A fuse, its not in the fuse box on left side of fairing as none of those are 15A?

Ahh joys of biking as they say :cry:
Attachments
wiring.jpg
wiring.jpg (31.96 KiB) Viewed 4688 times

SP250

Postby SP250 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:50 am

If you find its a real problem, then this chap has an excellent reputation amongst the restorers and classic bike enthusiasts.
http://www.motorcyclewiring.co.uk/frameset.html
John M

stevesilver

Postby stevesilver » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:06 am

SP250 wrote:If you find its a real problem, then this chap has an excellent reputation amongst the restorers and classic bike enthusiasts.
http://www.motorcyclewiring.co.uk/frameset.html

Saving him as a last resort.

Found a guy on another BMW forum in croydon, seemed to be highly rated, I'm on his waiting list, in the meantime will struggle on trying to figure out what the duck has happened

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:36 pm

Just trace the positive line coming off the battery that fuse holder will be on the line.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxertech”