Pannier lock wafers.

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

milleplod

Pannier lock wafers.

Postby milleplod » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:03 pm

I want to re-key the lock on my 28ltr topbox - has anyone got any spare wafers lying around at all?

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

Al

Re: Pannier lock wafers.

Postby Al » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:18 pm

Do you know which ones you want Pete, I have a few. You don't need to fit all of them to recode lock, I only did 4 on my GS panniers. Most dealers have a tin of them they will let you have a few from if you are not too far away from them.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:31 pm

same here, I have loads let me know what you need
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:44 pm

Evening chaps.

Thanks for the replies! :D I don't know which ones I need as I've not got the ****ard lock out yet....its proving a tad infuriating!! :twisted: The video I saw though showed the guy doing it with a number of each of the 3 tumblers, trial and error style.

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:12 pm

milleplod wrote:Evening chaps.

Thanks for the replies! :D I don't know which ones I need as I've not got the ****ard lock out yet....its proving a tad infuriating!! :twisted: The video I saw though showed the guy doing it with a number of each of the 3 tumblers, trial and error style.

Pete

Pete send the lock and a key to me at work and I'll do it for you
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:13 pm

milleplod wrote:Evening chaps.

Pete

Pete send the lock and a key to me at work and I'll do it for you
--
Steve Parry

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:08 pm

Cheers Steve, that's very kind of you. :D Give me a day or two to get it out.....its so bloody hot I can only stand being in the garage for 5 mins at a time, then I start melting! I've found a pdf instructional now, with photos, so success might be within reach!

I'll send the plastic key with it.

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:34 am

milleplod wrote:Cheers Steve, that's very kind of you. :D Give me a day or two to get it out.....its so bloody hot I can only stand being in the garage for 5 mins at a time, then I start melting!

Pete

Softy !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We've not seen below 30 for a few weeks now , top was 38 the other day ...

Most guys are riding in shorts & vests , but I still wear boots and denims with a tee shirt .
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:44 am

GerryB wrote:
milleplod wrote:Cheers Steve, that's very kind of you. :D Give me a day or two to get it out.....its so bloody hot I can only stand being in the garage for 5 mins at a time, then I start melting!

Pete

Softy !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We've not seen below 30 for a few weeks now , top was 38 the other day ...

Most guys are riding in shorts & vests , but I still wear boots and denims with a tee shirt .

The heat....the heat.....! :shock: I can put up with it as long as I don't have to move! :lol:
Nocto Diuque Venamur

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:43 am

milleplod wrote:Cheers Steve, that's very kind of you. :D Give me a day or two to get it out.....its so bloody hot I can only stand being in the garage for 5 mins at a time, then I start melting! I've found a pdf instructional now, with photos, so success might be within reach!

Pete

as of Sunday the 29th July I'm off on hols for two weeks, if it's not arrived by then I'll sort it when I get back :)
--
Steve Parry

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:29 am

slparry wrote:
milleplod wrote:Cheers Steve, that's very kind of you. :D Give me a day or two to get it out.....its so bloody hot I can only stand being in the garage for 5 mins at a time, then I start melting! I've found a pdf instructional now, with photos, so success might be within reach!

Pete

as of Sunday the 29th July I'm off on hols for two weeks, if it's not arrived by then I'll sort it when I get back :)

I'm just off into the garage to have another shot at it Steve, I'll try to get it sorted and in the post today, but if not its probably best to leave it till you're back.

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:34 am

milleplod wrote:
slparry wrote:

Pete

I'm just off into the garage to have another shot at it Steve, I'll try to get it sorted and in the post today, but if not its probably best to leave it till you're back.

Pete

They're a bit of a mare to get the lock out of, our lads in the workshop will do it for a few boxes of Sainsburys Taste the Difference Quadruple Choc cookies :)
--
Steve Parry

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 am

slparry wrote:They're a bit of a mare to get the lock out of, our lads in the workshop will do it for a few boxes of Sainsburys Taste the Difference Quadruple Choc cookies :)

Understatement of the year that!! :lol: :twisted: I've just been bent over it for the last 30 mins.....back aching like **** now, sweat dribbling into my eyes....and onto my glasses....and its still not out, even with pictures to look at to show me 'how easy it is really'.... :evil:

Taxi run for daughter and chums now, so I'll have yet another go later. :)

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:05 am

milleplod wrote:
slparry wrote:They're a bit of a mare to get the lock out of, our lads in the workshop will do it for a few boxes of Sainsburys Taste the Difference Quadruple Choc cookies :)

Understatement of the year that!! :lol: :twisted: I've just been bent over it for the last 30 mins.....back aching like **** now, sweat dribbling into my eyes....and onto my glasses....and its still not out, even with pictures to look at to show me 'how easy it is really'.... :evil:

Taxi run for daughter and chums now, so I'll have yet another go later. :)

Pete

I spent 6 months on and off trying, with the box on the sofa. You have to have the key in at the same time to "twist" the lock...... I gave up many times, especially when the cat would come and "help" by sitting in the box.

Then one night it just "popped" and came out. Since then I've bought cookies for the lads in the workshop and had them do it :D

Leave the 'box in our place with a load of cookies :D
--
Steve Parry

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:29 am

This relates to the larger 49l case Pete, but is still relevant to the 28l one

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk/pdfs/re-keying-49l.pdf

You can dismantle the case but it's a total PITA, but this at least gives insight into the lock release

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk/pdfs/Disassem ... p_Case.pdf

Official guide

topcase-lock-removal-sml.jpg
topcase-lock-removal-sml.jpg (63.83 KiB) Viewed 10076 times

Zoom in on the "tool" dimensions

topcase-lock-removal-tool.jpg
topcase-lock-removal-tool.jpg (32.25 KiB) Viewed 10076 times
--
Steve Parry

Return to “Boxertech”