R12S THROTTLE ECCENTRIC REMOVAL

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

feralworks

Re: R12S THROTTLE ECCENTRIC REMOVAL

Postby feralworks » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:09 am

Wassy wrote:This is the modification Hugo ( congoman ) had done to his old bike that I now own. I’ve never ridden a 1200s other than this one but throttle pick up is just like any other bike I’ve owned.

http://www.boxertrix.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... t=Congoman

I'm aware of that 'removed the rollers' post but I can't see how that would work on it's own. The comment in that post " I have had the centre of the pulley removed so that the throttle pulley mechanism is direct" suggests there was more to it...
As it is, even having done a few miles, I find the throttle response at low opening totally frustrating. It's doing my head in, just like it did on my last R12S. I either find a solution or the bike won't get used & will find it's way onto Ebay! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
R100CS / 1070 kit
Krauser MKM & 4v heads
R1200S
Thunderbird Sport
Dresda Honda 590/4
R NineT

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A CABLE TIE - IT REALLY IS BROKEN !!

feralworks

Postby feralworks » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:08 am

After looking at the pictures Gus posted in the original 'roller removal' post I decided it had to be tried. It's a pretty easy job in the end.
Whilst this does reduce the soft throttle effect it's still there to a degree & I'm concerned that the pins will wear the fiber cam in time. It definitely helps with the throttle blipping for downchanges but it's still woefully bad. I think the only real solution is to get a bit of machining done & solidly mount the fiber cam to the metal inner one.
After a run on my Krauser (R100) that gave me a massive grin that I just couldn't wipe off, I took a massive decision. I stuck the rollers back in & fired the 12S on Ebay…… :evil:
R100CS / 1070 kit
Krauser MKM & 4v heads
R1200S
Thunderbird Sport
Dresda Honda 590/4
R NineT

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A CABLE TIE - IT REALLY IS BROKEN !!

Al

Postby Al » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:54 am

Is this specific to the s, if so why different from R or GS? Good old BMW!! Swapping from 1100s to the GS I thought the throttle movement was more than the 1100 but got used to it.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

victorlaszlo

Postby victorlaszlo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:16 pm

I went from 1100S to 1200S and haven't really noticed the issue to be honest. Perhaps mine has been modified but I was surprised how smooth it was off the throttle and how manoeuvrable it is at slow speed. It would be interesting understanding what the issue is.

Return to “Boxertech”