Bulb fitting ....

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Bulb fitting ....

Postby slparry » Wed May 29, 2019 6:19 pm

Having previously helped John (SP250) fight with changing the bulb on his R1200S and having fought changing the dip beam on my previous RT (full beams are easy and accessible once the speakers are moved which is a simple task) …. this is the preferred solution for "insertion" makes life much easier

bulb.jpg
bulb.jpg (121.52 KiB) Viewed 5083 times
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

boxerscott

Re: Bulb fitting ....

Postby boxerscott » Wed May 29, 2019 9:10 pm

slparry wrote:Having previously helped John (SP250) fight with changing the bulb on his R1200S and having fought changing the dip beam on my previous RT (full beams are easy and accessible once the speakers are moved which is a simple task) …. this is the preferred solution for "insertion" makes life much easier

bulb.jpg
top tip.

chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

SP250

Postby SP250 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:35 pm

Who's going to ask BMW to fit 6" of garden hose to all their bikes toolkits?
John M

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Thu May 30, 2019 7:47 am

A very good tip I struggled and used the polystyrene bulb wrapper but that was still a bit too short. I'll add a bit o hose to my under seat kit.

Call me dense but I only discovered last week that my 09 RT does not have double filament stop / tail lamps (the Rear lamp has two bulbs) only single filament and if you take out the duff bulb the remaining bulb stops working as well - all very odd but when I replaced the bulb the remaining bulb lit up - I was more confused as the Dash didn't show a bulb failure - and on testing the "duff" bulb it was fine so I have to assume some sort of corrosion build up in the bulb holder stopped it working. :idea: :?: :idea:
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

cillasman

Postby cillasman » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:09 pm

Wish i had read this before taking all the skin of my hands replacing my dip beam. Had to give up and call in a teenager wit small hands lol
Two heads are better than one.!

Return to “Boxertech”