Navigator 5 vs Navigator 6

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

hobbit

Navigator 5 vs Navigator 6

Postby hobbit » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:04 pm

Good evening

I have been borrowing a Navigator 5 off a mate who now needs it back, so I have bought a Navigator 6.

Dose anybody know the difference between the 2, as far as I can tell the only difference is the writing on the side saying BMW Navigator VI and not V.

Cheers

Gavin

slparry

Re: Navigator 5 vs Navigator 6

Postby slparry » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:47 pm

Navigator 6 has a slightly larger "blingier" screen, it has a built in function to select a random return ride for a specified time. The main difference is the Nav 6 allows music to be streamed from a smart phone and has larger internal memory for maps.

They both feature a microSD card slot, the Nav 5 however needs the SD card to have maps installed to as the internal memory isn't enough as the maps have grown in features. Both can play MP3's from the SD card too.

I have a Nav 5, and given two provisos, a) I can get a staff discount and b) I'm ex IT so love gadgets ….. I've never felt the need to upgrade as my Nav 5 does everything I need it to do.

I regularly recommend customers buy a used Nav 5 from eBay now that plenty are being upgraded, if they need a Nav and pennies are tight :)

They both feature lifetime map upgrades
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

hobbit

Re: Navigator 5 vs Navigator 6

Postby hobbit » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Cheers

Will have to look at that random ride function. Never tried streaming music, but the large memory will be handy.

Bought from Ocean BMW via Ebay

Return to “Boxertech”