Judder pulling away

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Magic Man

Judder pulling away

Postby Magic Man » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:15 pm

Hi Guys, I have just changed the clutch and slave on my sons 1100s. On its first test after putting back together it has a judder whilst pulling away in gear one. Once moving gears two and three are fine. I have tried re bleeding the slave but found no air inside. it feels like the judder is either in the clutch housing or the final drive.Any help will be very welcome.
Cheers Steve

boxerscott

Re: Judder pulling away

Postby boxerscott » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:41 pm

Have you checked freeplay on the rear wheel? A clutch change is a major job and gives you the opportunity to carry out maintenance items in the final drive.

Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Magic Man

Postby Magic Man » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:12 pm

Hi Chris, not quite sure what you mean but i took the and final drive off in one piece, and just slotted it back in again. Today I have spoken with motorworx and barnstormer and they both have said it could be just a bedding in issue? How would i check for free play?
Thanks for your help Steve

Magic Man

Postby Magic Man » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:13 pm

the above was meant to read I took the rear wheel and final drive off in one piece

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:24 pm

To check free play of rear wheel . raise the rear wheel off ground hold at 12 and 6 o clock positions and push pull simultaneously. if there is freeplay the pivot bearings need adjusting. I do not have my clymer for the r1100s anymore but if you "you tube" it i bet someone will show you the process. Heat gun involved large hex nut socket and key and some spec of thread lock liquid required.

taking rear wheel off attached to final drive/paralever .. three shredded wheat for breakfast?

I remember having had a bit of shuddering on my 1100s bcr. I had forgotten to torque up my rear wheel nuts. Pillion (missus) was not impressed.

:shock:

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Magic Man

Postby Magic Man » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:33 am

Thanks for the reply Chris, I remember having to change the paralever on my GS because the pivot pin was knackered. I'll check for the free play next Monday (Monday night is bike night for me Ha Hah) With reference to three shredded wheat, down south we are double hard buggers LOL. Either that or we don't know any better which is the more likely option!
Thanks again Chris

Return to “Boxertech”