Quest mount on 03 R11 plus one hot (boxer) dog

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Topcat

Quest mount on 03 R11 plus one hot (boxer) dog

Postby Topcat » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:30 pm

I've been speaking to Steve (the RAM man!) from gps warehouse who has suggested that I consult the collective wisdom that is Boxertrix!!

So, here's hoping you can help.

I would like to fix the Quest to the bike with a yoke mount (RAM-B-121-238 plus cradle) but Steve was unsure if it fits the later models with the suspension damper knob in place of the old model tank bolt.

Any ideas?

On a different note (nothing to do with gps) I was on a run a few weeks ago (Somerset Easter egg run) and the bike got really hot in the traffic towards the end. So hot that I swear its changed the colour of the paint on the cylinders, (heads and rocker covers unchanged)!!!!!
I peeled off and took the bike for a gentle run to get some air around the pots before returning home and parking up.

Is it likey that any serious damage had been done? The bike fired up fine the following day but I've been unable to take it out for a run - to busy at work. What should I look/listern for??

Thanks guys

TC

adamski49

Re: Quest mount on 03 R11 plus one hot (boxer) dog

Postby adamski49 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:17 pm

Topcat wrote:I've been speaking to Steve (the RAM man!) from gps warehouse who has suggested that I consult the collective wisdom that is Boxertrix!!

So, here's hoping you can help.

I would like to fix the Quest to the bike with a yoke mount (RAM-B-121-238 plus cradle) but Steve was unsure if it fits the later models with the suspension damper knob in place of the old model tank bolt.

Any ideas?
Thanks guys

TC

TC, the 'search' button is your friend :wink: Take a look at this thread. Page 3 has various pics.

I think Steve is confusing aftermarket shocks with standard shocks that have the damper knob rather than any changes on models. The yoke clamp works fine but the newer clutch / brake reservoir replacements lids with RAM ball look to be better both in function and aesthetics.

Topcat wrote:On a different note (nothing to do with gps) I was on a run a few weeks ago (Somerset Easter egg run) and the bike got really hot in the traffic towards the end. So hot that I swear its changed the colour of the paint on the cylinders, (heads and rocker covers unchanged)!!!!!
I peeled off and took the bike for a gentle run to get some air around the pots before returning home and parking up.

Is it likey that any serious damage had been done? The bike fired up fine the following day but I've been unable to take it out for a run - to busy at work. What should I look/listern for??

Thanks guys

TC

I doubt you've done any damage. A couple of times I've sat in traffic in the high 30's at which point I had to decide whether to make a bit more progress filtering or pull over and let the thing cool down... filtering always won :lol:

HTH

Adam :)
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:33 pm

Go for the clutch cover replacement - puts the GPS closest to your left hand, and brings the Quest closer to you (which helps cos the screen is quite small).

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Return to “Boxertech”