My indicators are flashing realy quick and turning off

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

beemer screamer

Postby beemer screamer » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:52 pm

NOPE ............they've gone again to be honest i have had the problem with the original ones aswell.I HAVE HAD ENUFF WITH THIS BIKE RSV MILLE/R HERE I COME.
SO FOR SALE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IT WILL COME WITH A YEARS MOT AND TAX FOR SIX MONTHS.
1998 S-REG
28500 MILES NEVER BEEN CAINED WHILE IVE HAD IT
DONE APPROX 9000 MILES ON IT SINCE I BOUGHT IT
NOT JUST SAYING IT BUT IS VERY CLEAN AND OTHER THAN THE SILLY FAULTS IVE HAD IT RUNS GREAT AND HAS BEEN LOOKED AFTER VERY WELL
BRAIDED HOSES WITH NEW PADS ALL AROUND ALL RECIEPTS FOR EVRYTHING I HAVE DONE TO IT.
MANDARIN (IS THERE REALY A BETTER COLOR)
2 NEW TYRES
JUST BEEN FULLY SERVICED ASWELL
PIPES STANDARD AND RACE
LOW BAR KIT WITH LOW SCREEN
CHOICE BITS OF CARBON NOTHING TOO O.T.T
VENTURA RACK WITH HANDRAIL AND HIGH RACK
ALL THE USUAL STUFF HEATED GRIPS ETC ETC
£4000 FOR A QUICK SALE AND A NEW BIKE
MAIL ME FOR PICTURE/S
"I never knew my father 'he died two years before i was born"

Darth_1100S
Location: It has a pier but it it ain't Blackpool or Brighton

Postby Darth_1100S » Sat May 01, 2004 8:35 am

The 'S' does seem to have it's fair share of problems. But for all that it's still a great bike to own, and it's different from all the usual plastic Honkawasuzuyam stuff out there. I think it's a bit harsh tho' to blame the build quality etc when things go wrong after fitting aftermarket parts. Those replacement indicators are nothing but total shite. They've caused more problems than enough for me on the lad's XJR.

BTW B/S I was at my local bike shop yesterday morning picking up a pair of leather pants I'd ordered. When I got back to my bike there was a guy stood looking at the 'S'. I got chatting , as you do, and coincidently he'd owned a 1998 'S' from new for 4 years. He swapped it for an Aprillia RSV which was parked there. He'd chosen it after the S for the very reason that he didn't want a Jap plastic rice rocket like everyone else.

He was telling me he'd had a few problems with the S when he had it. The usual stuff - leaks from the gearbox etc, and the BMW after sales was crap. He said the RSV like the 'S' was a great bike but it's so uncomfortable on long runs. He's also had a quite few mechanical problems with it, it had been in and out of the dealers for various things since he got it. The only difference being that the Apillia dealer gave a damn and had given good after sales service. He's changing the RSV soon and is considering an R1150RS!!!

Dave 8)
Last edited by Darth_1100S on Sun May 02, 2004 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Sat May 01, 2004 7:46 pm

The mille is a nice bike, but I'd wait to see what happens to Aprilia over the next week or two before spending money on one. Spare part availability was never Aprilia's strength when they were in business, and if they go tits up I can't see that getting any better.

Good luck with whatever new bike you choose.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Sun May 02, 2004 7:37 am

Even if they do go into liquidation, Italian law works different to over here and the company seems to become protected from their existing creditors as long as they can show a realistic plan for the future (and no fraud). Ducati had a similar spell in administration not so long back.

Lloyd

guised

Postby guised » Sun May 02, 2004 8:08 am

I hope to god you're right!

Dan :cry:

No longer feeling too clever about recent Aprilia purchase.

Return to “Boxertech”