R1200S - Nav2/Garmin 2610 Mounting Kit

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Oylkoold

R1200S - Nav2/Garmin 2610 Mounting Kit

Postby Oylkoold » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:58 am

BMW say they've no plans to provide an official fitting kit out for the 1200S. Not great news. Has anyone managed to fit a Nav2/2610 (or any other GPS unit), to a 1200S yet?

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:25 pm

Good for you........... we sometimes get fed up with introductions after a while, where we get the opportunity to get assistance from new posters :?

Try an e-mail to sales@motorradconcepts.com

who may have a mount in the offing.

http://www.motorradconcepts.com/products.htm

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Oylkoold

Postby Oylkoold » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:41 pm

Thanks a lot for the info -I'd not heard of 'em. I'll have a decko/email and update the post accordingly.

Only other poss solution put forward (by ram mount uk) is to see if the logo socket on the yoke is threaded and if so to use a screw in ball mount anchor they do. Seems a guy with a k12s did this. Haven't managed to prise the logo out yet - ham fists suggest strong liklihood risk of f*****g up the yoke and I'm a tad reluctant to drill the logo out at this stage.

Cheers, Chas

Oylkoold

Postby Oylkoold » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:13 pm

Not best of news- replies from BMW UK to mails re GPS mounting kits for the R1200S. Not heard back from motorradconcepts yet.

1."We are sorry that the navigator mounting kit for the R1200S is not currently available in the UK. We can confirm that BMW UK are aware that UK customers would like to purchase this product. We have been in negotiations with BMW Germany for some time to enable us to list this accessory however, at present authorisation has not been received.

We are sorry that we are unable to offer a more positive response at this stage and we can assure you that BMW UK are giving this matter our full attention."

==============================================
2. "We can advise that BMW UK are only able to offer accessories authorised by BMW Germany. We have been liaising with Germany to obtain the relevant licence to stock the mounting kit however, we are unable to confirm if or when this authorisation will be granted.

We appreciate your frustration over this matter and assure you that we are aware of the potential UK market for this product. We are again sorry that we are unable to offer further information regarding the availability."

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:47 pm

Strange. I just bought the BMW Navigator mounting kit for my F800S.... I wonder why they are not bringing in the equivalent for the R1200S yet?

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Oylkoold

Postby Oylkoold » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:15 pm

Dunno - I pressed 'em for a reason in both my emails to them - if it's good enuff for the German punters etc etc but no joy. Bit rum innit? Anyone else got an idea what the prob is?

r1200ser

Postby r1200ser » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:46 am

Anyone got any news on this - or any neat solutions?

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:36 pm

Paul wrote: I wonder why they are not bringing in the equivalent for the R1200S yet?

Paul

Probably because of the 'sport, sport, sport' R1200S rider should'nt need a sat nav to keep going round and round a track! :wink:
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:37 pm

Hope you get lost on the way to Burton next year :twisted:

[GPS is brilliant for twisty roads, especially at night :shock: ]

See if that works .....

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:02 pm

Blackal wrote:Hope you get lost on the way to Burton next year :twisted:

Not likely. I live about 12miles away :D

GPS at night must be like a playstation game :shock: especially given the limited effectiveness of the standard headlight. :wink:
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:05 am

Nu2beemers wrote:

Not likely. I live about 12miles away :D

GPS at night must be like a playstation game :shock: especially given the limited effectiveness of the standard headlight. :wink:

Bugger! - should have trawled through the posts to find out where you lived first :oops:

They aren't bad at night cos the Garmins, at least - switch to "night-mode" which has a dark blue background 8)

See if that works .....

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:04 am

I'd rather spend the money on a HID kit and look where I'm going :roll:
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:52 pm

Anyone come up with a solution for fitting a 2610 (I just couldnt resist the GPSWs offer) to a R1200s yet? Any of the Touratech mounts suitable?

Peter.

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:17 am

Hi All,

Saw this on the Pelican, don't know if it is of help as I don't know anything about GPS.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthre ... did=307173

Andrew :roll:
A man can fall many times in life but is never a failure until he refuses to get up

wicker

Postby wicker » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:36 pm

Touratech supply a simple (GB2) adaptor bracket for 21 euros which bolted onto the top of the yokes on my R1100S. I was then able to fix a GPS onto this, and also still able to use a tankbag. Not sure if the GB2 bracket would work on the 1200S however the concept is simple enough and a bit af fabrication could create a workable solution.

Altenative solution is to go the RAM mount route. Try the GPS Warehouse or Motorrad Concepts.

Wunderlich also seem to do a variation on the RAM mount theme which may provide a solution. See the Nippy Norman website under R1200S parts.

http://www.touratech.com/shops/001/prod ... cts_id=705

Return to “Boxertech”