Flat battery?

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Black Knight

Postby Black Knight » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:10 am

Thanks all, charger came yesterday and am pleased to say it worked. Was a little worried as it didn't look very er...quality? Stuck it on 12V and left it on for 6 hours and the battery seems to be back to normal.

Did make one silly mistake though as I was worried about frost on the bike, I chucked the rain cover it when it was still hit and now have mlted black plastic all over the header pipes :evil:

What the best way to get this off? re-heat it?

Thanks

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:11 am

"What the best way to get this off? re-heat it? "

This has happened to me in the past, re heat it then wipe it off with a big wodge of rag (mind you don't burn you self) better than scraping it off which can leave scratch marks. Polish up again when the headers are cold.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Black Knight

Postby Black Knight » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:52 am

Cheers.

Just to it is MOT'ed and taxed now and I can get out and enjoy this cold weather!

oyster

Postby oyster » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:11 pm

Use a natural fibre rag! Nylon or polyester would probably make things worse. I would use a stanley knife on a cold pipe for the worst of it, then polish with solvol autosol.
Oyster. 1999 R1100S. Almost original.

Return to “Boxertech”