I-ABS removal part 2

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

KTM AL

Re: I-ABS removal part 2

Postby KTM AL » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:01 pm

Hi
I know this is a really old post, but if anybody is still on this forum I'd just like to say thank you for your posts as I have just got rid of the ABS unit.
When I bought the bike the ABS had already been 'professionally' removed but the unit itself was still on the bike.
As I had it to bits swapping out my 'stage 10' chip for the standard one in the ECU and installing a Booster plug thing to the air box temp sensor I thought I would remove the big lump of aluminum which is the ABS. So just removing the ABS mother board and using duct tape and a plastic bag to seal it. Plugged it back in ,put the bike back together and what do you know ,it all worked fine.
Also what I did a while back was to make a few reminders when removing the tank. Saves standing there holding the tank to find the 3 pin plug needs disconnecting :oops:

dysondiver

Re: I-ABS removal part 2

Postby dysondiver » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:24 pm

i did my 1150 that way ,,, took all the big ugly bits off , folded a nice alloy box for the electrics , sealed it with tek 7 , no problems what so ever ,,, little by pass brake pipe made and fitted , back brake hose was long enough to just fit onto the cylinder ,, cut off all the steel pipes and threw them away , brakes bled easily , and the master cylinders that were fitted worked 100%.
its not a boxer , its a 180 degree v-twin

Return to “Boxertech”