Valve adjustments and tingling hands

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:58 pm

Ditto what Captain said.
The Hondas however don't care.

Lloyd

Bikerbear

Postby Bikerbear » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:52 am

My BCR has done about 2k, I'm having the same tingling sensation even when only riding the bike for 40 - 50 miles - had to have it back to replace the belly pan (thankfully under warranty - cos they are about £1k to replace) the dealer had a mechanic ride the bike and its nothing unusual, another chap at the garage had the same problem - the bikes need to do about 6-8k miles before this vibe disappears apparently -0 just another foible with the setup of the S!
If you can't make a decision your a bloody nuisance.

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:22 am

Bikerbear wrote:... the bikes need to do about 6-8k miles before this vibe disappears apparently - just another foible with the setup of the S!

Disappears! Reduces might be a better word. Mine has 24k on it and it still has it's buzzy days but, admittedly, it's a lot better than when I first got it.

Adam :)
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

winger

Postby winger » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:33 am

Ditto what Adam said,10k was the water shed for me,it's rideable any distance,no matter how warm.

Thats why you see so many for sale with low miles,people can't be arsed to wait that long,and when someone asks about buying an S i always tell e'm secondhand with 6 to 8k at least.

I only tollerated mine because there wasn't any option,the Fazer thou didn't come out till six months after i bought it(secondhand with 1600 miles on it),and still remember rideing home thinking what the hell am i doing with this bag of spanners!!!!,i've had it over 4 years now and it's getting better by the year!!!.

Chris

Return to “Boxertech”