Staintune

Got a technical query? Found another 0.02bhp? Ask/tell the world.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

adamski49

Staintune

Postby adamski49 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:35 pm

Having stuck my hand up for the Staintune (I thought I'd got this route instead of a Y piece) does anyone have any experience of this exhaust? I take it power and torque are improved?

TIA

Adam :)
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

steve7

Postby steve7 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:34 pm

Got one myself and fitted it not being that clever with spanners was a piece of cake to fit ,very well made removeable baffles much better response not checked the power ,just fitted it removed the baffles and started it up.Bought it from woody"s spoke to them no K&N or anything needed pm if you want anymore help

stevetoxic

Postby stevetoxic » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:48 pm

Awesome looking exhaust. 8) ...got any pics with it fitted to your bike :?:

steve7

Postby steve7 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:09 pm

not at the moment but will do soon i had a choice of these or laser full system staintune were cheaper at £756 compared to over a grand for the laser

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:48 pm

Thanks Steve

Not too worried about fitting it, just wondered if it ran ok with no other changes. What about the noise, is it intrusive? I'm a bit of a stealth mode fan normally but seeing as the cat has died this seemed like a logical way to go.

Any problem getting an MOT?

Toxic, look here for more info: http://www.staintune.co.uk/

Cheers

Adam :)
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:27 am

adamski49 wrote:Any problem getting an MOT?

MOT's are just a matter of knowing where to take the bike for its appropriate noise level :wink: Mine sailed through with the vanderlinde even tho it's not legal and isn't stamped.

Lloyd

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:34 am

Lloyd

Well, as I don't know where to take it you may have to advise me next time round... May '05

Out of interest, do you also have the Vanderlinde chip fitted?

Adam :D

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:57 am

adamski49 wrote:Lloyd

Out of interest, do you also have the Vanderlinde chip fitted?

Adam :D

Yes, never tried running it with standard.

Lloyd

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:08 am

boxerpan wrote:
adamski49 wrote:Any problem getting an MOT?

MOT's are just a matter of knowing where to take the bike for its appropriate noise level :wink: Mine sailed through with the vanderlinde even tho it's not legal and isn't stamped.

Lloyd

I took my Cat for a MOT the other day and the blokey was saying that now exhausts do not have to carry the stamp and that the noise is down to the testers descretion. It is now however a requirement to have a correct size number plate. The emphasis is clearly now on gatso friendly bikes rather than resident friendly :lol:

Jason

Mick Mac

Postby Mick Mac » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:24 am

Hi Jason, how's it going?

My S is due an MOT soon and I'm a bit worried that the Venderlinde will fail on noise. Where did you take yours to?

Mick

Jason M

Postby Jason M » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:18 am

Mick Mac wrote:Hi Jason, how's it going?

My S is due an MOT soon and I'm a bit worried that the Venderlinde will fail on noise. Where did you take yours to?

Mick

Alright Mick - still a man of leasure :lol:

I took mine to the Village Garage in Colden Common (nr Twyford) - about 5 minutes towards Winchester/M3 from my place. 01962 714422 - ask for Trevor. He does Saturday mornings too.

Chears

Jason

vienna

Postby vienna » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:01 am

Need a deaf MOT tester? Contact local Harley owner / dealer !

Have one in Brighton, protocol is not to put on Net to save them a visit and being told to tighten up ( mine Heritage Springer with straight through pipes, no problem sir). Happy to e mail details

Advice on numberplates is true, all testers told to tighten up. Know of scam where full size plate is fixed with velcro to undersize plate for duration of test and passed as securley? fixed.

Would it be less fun if there was a spell check facility on the site for us that are challanged?

carlk

Postby carlk » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:48 am

offical Hardley dealers will only MOT Harleys though :(
traffic Dodger

Return to “Boxertech”