northern spain... Picos

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Al

Re: northern spain... Picos

Postby Al » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:55 pm

Several page thread on UKGSER about this, seems to agree about low gear shifts and closed throttle downshifts, also suggests the R and RS are better than the GS.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Focussed really hard on this during today's riding. This was easy to do as it was a sublime day with the mighty n525 snaking and intertwining with the spectacular A 52. Gear assist pro does work outside the confines of low revs moving up the box, but even 5 th to 6th can be glitchy, some seasoned riders may be more proficcient than I. Down shifts are better again at higher revs. Plus smoother than an individual could possibly do, ask my pillion wife about this. My thoughts are,, when BMW perfect this the clutch lever will not exist. Aside from that the R1200r is brilliant. Up to Potes tomoz skirting south east of Leon from Historic Astorga. Using Nav 5 , selecting curvy road option, then checking map, could not do better. Brilliant kit. Took in a shitty bit of the n525 that we remembered doing on my old Bcr, west of Pueblo de Sanabria, I was thinking that this was a magic carpet ride in comparison. Forgot to pack my camera so hope the phone pics will portray the quality road trip we are experiencing.. To be added later.

Btw what the Fcuk is user mode over and above the other modes? Does it make a full fat espresso? 8)

Chris

Edit. We are travelling 2 up. Using BMW luggage, two panniers, 1 top box, smallish tank bag, The Ferry was full , never ever seen so many bikes loaded on. What we can not get our heads around is the volume of Gs pilots riding solo with those humongous silver box panniers and top cases. :!: :x :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:47 pm

So after all our intentions of doing a Balkan trip this year and re visiting Croatia, we bottled it, well actually Amanda did, on researching she said too cold when we were to be going, so sadly it`s back to Spain and Portugal. Oh dear , how sad, never mind. Having to ride down cos of late booking. lots of paradores, weeks stay in Tariva and back on those glorious roads we know and re visiting favourites plus new destinations. Can not wait.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

adam

Postby adam » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:25 pm

I have a mate, Jim Thompson, who runs a guest house in Areanas. He welcomes bikes and Cavers.

Return to “Days Out”