Europe tour advice

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

popsky

Re: Europe tour advice

Postby popsky » Tue May 21, 2024 2:15 pm

Last time we used the Peage I just used my bank card no need to input the pin it just read it and away, that was 2019 I dare say that they’ve been upgraded by now to contactless. So all you need is a handy safe place to keep it. Just keep an eye on which class of vehicle they charge for, but a quick press of the button and say “Je suis une moto s'il vous plaît”
usually does the trick :mrgreen:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed May 22, 2024 10:38 am

popsky wrote:Last time we used the Peage I just used my bank card no need to input the pin it just read it and away, that was 2019 I dare say that they’ve been upgraded by now to contactless. So all you need is a handy safe place to keep it. Just keep an eye on which class of vehicle they charge for, but a quick press of the button and say “Je suis une moto s'il vous plaît”
usually does the trick :mrgreen:

That works too, but the tag is just ride up and the gate opens no, taking gloves off or rooting for cards etc :D
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

popsky

Postby popsky » Thu May 23, 2024 6:38 pm

slparry wrote:That works too, but the tag is just ride up and the gate opens no, taking gloves off or rooting for cards etc :D

But toll badges cost money Steve and who wants to spend that :wink: :wink: :wink:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

slparry

Postby slparry » Fri May 24, 2024 12:54 pm

popsky wrote:
slparry wrote:That works too, but the tag is just ride up and the gate opens no, taking gloves off or rooting for cards etc :D

But toll badges cost money Steve and who wants to spend that :wink: :wink: :wink:

For an easy life ... me :D
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue May 28, 2024 4:27 pm

Yeah, with contactless. the SANEF tags are a bit superfluous (but handy).

You now get those ID card holders with super strong recoil lanyards, that could be handy for a CC at tolls. Fit the card in the holder (I think they are for office badges) and secure the lanyard to your tank/bar bag internal. No chance of dropping it, or fumbling etc.
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Return to “Days Out”