BMW club track days

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

tanneman

BMW club track days

Postby tanneman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:40 pm

The BMW club is going to have 2 track days this year. It is June 10th and August 12th at Snetterton. Both days are on a Monday so will need to book holiday for your chosen day. It is a lot of fun with a bunch of friendly people in particular towards the less experienced track riders. It is a safe and well organised day. The format for June 10 is a bit different in that a car club is going to join in the activities to keep costs down. The hour will be split into one 20min session for the cars and two 20min sessions for the bikes where the novice riders will be on their own in a group. Prices are £120 per person and an early booking discount of £5 will be applied for early bookings. I can be contacted to pass on the details and contact details of Robert Bensley.

I'm in not a member of the BMW club but their track days is a fun day out for me and it is a lot more social than the commercial companies offerings. I have met a few people there over the years I attended and it is always good to meet up with them again. There is a few trixters attending but the day is open to any road legal bike. Splarry need not worry for the pipe and slippers brigade is not big in attending it. I hope to see a few of you there.

Damoace, how is the BCR coming on? I'll probably go to the one in August.

There is also a track day advertised for the 23/04 at Bedford Autodrome with No Limits. I'll do a group booking again so we will get 10% discount if 10 or more people book. But more of that later on a separate thread. Just a heads up now.
'Let me check my concernometer.'

bins

Postby bins » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:49 pm

Hello anyone who is reading this, I am the person who organizes the BMW club track days at Snetterton, to update the previous post we have decided to run both days as all bikes, so 3 groups as a normal track day.
Our days are more expensive than a normal day but we offer much more tuition for the lesser experienced rider, BMW bring a fleet of demonstrators, we promise not to crowd the circuit by having smaller groups and we are very proud of our safety record.
For more info and entry forms go to www.sporting-register.talktalk.net

Hope to see some of you there, you do not need to be a club member to participate.

slparry

Re: BMW club track days

Postby slparry » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:06 pm

tanneman wrote:The BMW club is going to have 2 track days this year. It is June 10th and August 12th at Snetterton. Both days are on a Monday so will need to book holiday for your chosen day. It is a lot of fun with a bunch of friendly people in particular towards the less experienced track riders. It is a safe and well organised day. The format for June 10 is a bit different in that a car club is going to join in the activities to keep costs down. The hour will be split into one 20min session for the cars and two 20min sessions for the bikes where the novice riders will be on their own in a group. Prices are £120 per person and an early booking discount of £5 will be applied for early bookings. I can be contacted to pass on the details and contact details of Robert Bensley.

I'm in not a member of the BMW club but their track days is a fun day out for me and it is a lot more social than the commercial companies offerings. I have met a few people there over the years I attended and it is always good to meet up with them again. There is a few trixters attending but the day is open to any road legal bike. Splarry need not worry for the pipe and slippers brigade is not big in attending it. I hope to see a few of you there.

Damoace, how is the BCR coming on? I'll probably go to the one in August.

There is also a track day advertised for the 23/04 at Bedford Autodrome with No Limits. I'll do a group booking again so we will get 10% discount if 10 or more people book. But more of that later on a separate thread. Just a heads up now.

LOL .... I've forgiven them now :) ... although that may be a one sided gesture :)

I would attend but they're a little too far from North Wales to make it a goer. Now Oulton Park or Ty Croes and my ears would be pricking up
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

bins

Postby bins » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Am I to believe you have been a member of the BMW club Mr Parry? you obviously had a bad experience, lets let bygones be what they are. I may well be interested in joining you at Angelsey in September, I've done 3 days there, all on the international circuit, next I would like to do the coastal with the corkscrew, it's a top notch venue. you mentioned Oulton, I am trying to get enough support to do one there next year but if you have any idea of the running costs of a day there you will understand that I need a lot of genuine promises before the club will let me book.
At present I have spaces left in all groups at Snetterton, at least one of your members is a regular and has posted info about the days here, I cannot offer any discounts as the day is budgeted to break even when it's full.

Let me know more about Angelsey nearer the time, thanks.

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Splarry you are most definitely not going to meet the pipe and slippers brigade of the BMW club there. I think there might even be more newbies and non members turn up at the event. Mostly road bikes which makes it more friendly and a lot of fun. Give me a pm if you need someone to tag along. We may have a sleepover at Thetford for the August event. Bins lives close to the track so very local.

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed May 01, 2013 6:43 am

Cheers guys appreciated
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

bins

Postby bins » Thu May 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Latest news is there are only 18 places left, the cautious group is looking like being filled with virgins!!! www.sporting-register.talktalk.net

Steve1200S

Postby Steve1200S » Thu May 09, 2013 6:56 pm

I could be tempted....

do you need leathers? I only have a textile suit.....
----------------------------------------------
Steve.

1980 R100S
2003 VFR 800
A Silly Van.

slparry

Postby slparry » Thu May 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Steve1200S wrote:I could be tempted....

you can pick 1 pc leathers up cheaply nowadays Steve, I got mine brand new in erm ... the larger gentlemans size from a beef herd culling somewhere for a mere £99, I don't like the race hump feature but at that price I'll live with it :)
--
Steve Parry

bins

Postby bins » Tue May 14, 2013 10:27 pm

The June 10th day is now sold out, about 30 places left for August 12th

damoace

Postby damoace » Thu May 16, 2013 11:01 pm

bins wrote:The June 10th day is now sold out, about 30 places left for August 12th

Mien Gott! Rob?!?!? Is that you? On the Internet!?!?!

To echo Tanneman, Bins (along with quite few of the rest his lot) 'ain't exactly slow. Certainly I've not seen a faster S1000 with sit up and beg 'bars..

:twisted:

On another note , I have a set of Dainese leathers for sale. Two piece, for the slimmer gentleman.

Ahem.....
R1200GS - 'El Bastardo' - The Exploder.
R1100S BCR - 'Flashart the Misguided Missile'.
KTM 990SMT- 'Scratch' - Hoonery Assured.

www.bmrider.com - The cobbled part of the information superhighway.

damoace

Postby damoace » Thu May 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Steve1200S wrote:I could be tempted....

You need to be wrapped in cow Sir. Sorry about that but it's the rule on the track. SiParry was right though, you don't have to spend a fortune. they can be had cheaply within reason.
One thing to note is that rules now say that's the zip wot holds your jacket to your trousers must go all the way around, not just a short thing across the back...

damoace

Postby damoace » Thu May 16, 2013 11:09 pm

tanneman wrote:Splarry you are most definitely not going to meet the pipe and slippers brigade of the BMW club there. I think there might even be more newbies and non members turn up at the event. Mostly road bikes which makes it more friendly and a lot of fun. Give me a pm if you need someone to tag along. We may have a sleepover at Thetford for the August event. Bins lives close to the track so very local.

I'll be there, Mrs. Bins does a very nice line in cake. Ver Tasty.... Plus couple hours conviviality with the eastern BMW folks is normally fun...

er-minio

Postby er-minio » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:35 pm

tanneman, damoace, I was very pleased to meet you guys there today thanks again for the hospitality tanneman and for the guided laps damoace :lol:

And thanks to bins for organizing the day.
Snett is awesome.
I started "understanding" the track in the last 2 sessions.

Got back home around 8... knackered... and the bike was PROPERLY loud this time. A real head turner :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks god I didn't get stop by the police.

Well, see you in September!

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Er minio good to have met you sir. Thank you very much. I wont be joining you guys at Brands unless the lotto pays out as I have done quite a few track days this year. Saving the money for an end of season day, maybe Cadwell. All the other days for the rest of the year has been payed for.

To bins, thank you very much for the BBQ and hospitality provided by Ann and you. A very well run day and you can see why it is such a hit with the normal road bike owners. As with any day you may have a casualty or two but if they listened in the briefing they would have been alright. Given that the last red flag before today was 2 years ago I consider this as an excellent result. See you in August.

Damoace, I really would have liked to spend more time chatting to you. It was good to catch up on things that matter. Thanks with the help in erecting the tent. Much appreciated. I can't wait to see the 1150 BCR and how it goes.

I did my first full track day with the BMW club at Cadwell a few years ago where I met Damoace. Since then the bug has sunk its teeth a little bit deeper every year. I found it easier and more relaxing riding on track than the road. Every year I get to see the same faces return and it has now grown into a friendship pool. Very friendly and relaxed with a lot of training being done. More so over the last year and today than I have seen in a long time. Every time I go to track I learn and today I had 2 lessons or close calls for that matter. I take it as a friendly warning and learn from it. People show courtesy on track to slower and faster riders which you don't find at the regular track day companies. Long may it continue in such fashion and thanks to bins for the track day poison.

I'm really knackered. After we came back and unloaded we, Clive and I, had to go and attend the monthly Oakley MC committee meeting. I'm off to bed now.

Return to “Days Out”