2/6

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Gromit

2/6

Postby Gromit » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:04 am

At the risk of being slightly repetitive...

I've got a pass-out for a few hours tomorrow so will be heading to Willingham Woods for a butty/cuppa for about 11-1130am if anyone fancies meeting up for a chinwag. Would like to have gone further afield but I only have a 4 hour window to be out.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:42 pm

Good to see you today, Peter - we just need to work out whose Mamola 'Cup that was parked at the Woods. :)

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Richard,
Good to see you too, Give us a shout when you have a weekend day free and we can get up on the moors for a runout.

Peter.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:34 pm

herrman wrote:Richard,
Good to see you too, Give us a shout when you have a weekend day free and we can get up on the moors for a runout.

Peter.

Absolutely. :)

I'm free this coming saturday but am going on a (Batemans) brewery trip with a few mates from (old) work on friday evening. Don't think I'll be sober enough to ride the bike until at least sat tea time.

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:14 pm

Gromit wrote: am going on a (Batemans) brewery trip with a few mates from (old) work on friday evening. Don't think I'll be sober enough to ride the bike until at least sat tea time.

...erm...any spare tickets :?:
ask them if they need any beer testers, 'cos I'm available, especially for XB testing ...No, thought not :roll: Any hoo enjoy, and we expect a full report by by sat evening :wink:

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Boxered wrote:...erm...any spare tickets :?:
ask them if they need any beer testers, 'cos I'm available, especially for XB testing ...No, thought not :roll: Any hoo enjoy, and we expect a full report by by sat evening :wink:

Steve

:lol:

Actually Steve, considering the excellent weather forecast for the weekend, I'm really tempted to take it easy on friday and plan a full day out on the bike on saturday. Reason being that Ann's away at the moment and the little'uns are at my folks' for the weekend. In other words, I feel N Yorks calling. :)

Having said that though, the guys I'm going with can drink not only for England but for the whole UK too. :?

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Bo--ocks .
Looks like I'll be working Sat, Royal Highland Show in a fortnight and we are so far behind / I have so much to do it looks like the Bike will have to play second fiddle for a week or two

Peter.

Might be able to get out Sunday

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:56 pm

herrman wrote:Bo--ocks .
Looks like I'll be working Sat, Royal Highland Show in a fortnight and we are so far behind / I have so much to do it looks like the Bike will have to play second fiddle for a week or two.

Peter.

Bo--locks indeed Peter, that's a shame. I'm slightly reluctant to make concrete plans for saturday as I could either be up feeling fine & dandy (well as much as I usually do - ie not much) or feeling like death warmed up until about next weds. If it's the latter, I won't be going anywhere near the bike.

I am hoping for the former though. :)

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:22 pm

I have a yearning for N.Yorks too, but as we're at a wedding all day on Friday, and a planned group night out in Liverpool for Saturday, the chances of me being sober enough to ride are slim, however, if I somehow manage to show some restraint I may just make it to Hawes for lunch on Sunday :)

Steve
Well-weathered leather

Hot metal and oil

The scented country air

Sunlight on chrome

The blur of the landscape

Every nerve aware

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:25 pm

I've also got an Alan Sugar moment coming on ---You know the one--Never pleasant.

Peter.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:27 pm

herrman wrote:I've also got an Alan Sugar moment coming on ---You know the one--Never pleasant.

Peter.

That sounds ominous. :?

Return to “Days Out”