The Ring of Red Around the M25

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Al

Postby Al » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Just an observation and not wishing to take sides here, but most people introduce themselves in the new members section so we would then know a bit about you, instead your first post was mid "discussion", albeit about a subject very personal to you and your family.

Anyway welcome to the forum and I hope you will intruduce yourself to us all as we are a friendly group really :) even Blackal!!!

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:47 am

Al wrote:Just an observation and not wishing to take sides here, but most people introduce themselves in the new members section so we would then know a bit about you, instead your first post was mid "discussion", albeit about a subject very personal to you and your family.

Anyway welcome to the forum and I hope you will intruduce yourself to us all as we are a friendly group really :) even Blackal!!!

Al.

That was my kind of take on it - With a subject like HfH, there can be the danger of outsiders (from a group of motorcycle enthusiasts) - doing a google-search......... and "gatecrashing" (for want of a better word) - the forum, and continuing to do so.

It was a strange first post (in my eyes).

Welcome to the forum

Al :)
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

mh374

Postby mh374 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:22 pm

You have to be wary of those outsiders don't you?

It's like Hot Fuzz on here.

Inspector Frank Butterman: You're not seriously gonna believe this man, are you? Are you? HE ISN'T EVEN FROM 'ROUND HERE!

Al

Postby Al » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:04 pm

I know what you mean , anybody who wears a hoodie is banned :D

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

bikesnbones

Postby bikesnbones » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:39 am

Twinspark wrote:Attention whoring of the worst kind.

Just as you can always spot an idiot from a 'Help for Heroes' sticker in their car's rear window (usually sported by some knuckle dragging, tattooed ape) - you will now also be able to spot them for riding around the M25 trying to demonstrate they're more respectful for fallen soldiers than those who don't take part.

+1
An ex services colleague of mine who works for the RBL was telling me that at many of these people who attend to these HFH charity events, travel hundreds of miles to get to them.
So factor in at least £30 in fuel, maybe a tenner for a meal each way, and a few bevvy's during the course of the day and you have a total spend of about £50 minimum.
Then they want a big pat on the back for putting a fiver in the charity box.
As he said, would they dream in a million years of putting £50 into a HFH collectors tin on the high street ?
Probably not, because there's no self congratulatory parade involved where we can all stand around afterwards and declare how generous we all are.
Many organisations like the RBL would rather people stayed at home, and just donate what they would have spent on the day out instead.

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:22 pm

I suppose people have different ways of giving, showing gratitude, to our forces. Maybe as long as we do that's the main thing.
kernow,the last bit

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:23 pm

cornishflat wrote:I suppose people have different ways of giving, showing gratitude, to our forces. Maybe as long as we do that's the main thing.

nods
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:57 pm

Dunno where this thread is going, but Blackal is definitely a knuckle draggin SO AnD SO (Imo) especially when wearing all of his bling watches at the same time :wink:

But we must be thankful for all our fallen, knuckle draggin, bottle throwing tatted Scots released from Barlinnie to fight at the front??? :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:34 am

Just looked at the time of yer post Chris - definitely after dram o clock time :wink:
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Return to “Days Out”