Yorkshire Trixter Weekend: 26-28th Sept

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:06 pm

Gromit wrote:*rse!! :shock:

Where was it Greg?

Ars* indeed. A591 heading east through Ings. We had just turned left off the 60mph country lane onto the major A road (wide open, dead straight carriageway with central reservation) which is a 40mph!! Saw the cameras (on totem poles in the central reservation) so proceeded to ride by at what we 'thought' would be the stupidly low limit of 50mph.

Yes, yes there was a change in speed limit sign (apparently) as we left the minor road but it was at least 100 yards back from the junction.

Brother was in front so I'm blaming him!!

DT
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Aargh - think I know where you mean. :(

I'd be very surprised if that spot isn't a gold mine for catching folk - here's hoping you get an awareness course.

SP250

Postby SP250 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:08 pm

If you get the option of an awareness course - don't think you have to go back up to Yorks/Lancs or wherever you got caught to do it. They won't give you the option to do it local to yourself, but you can.
I got done a couple of years ago in Thames Valley area and when I protested at taking a day off work and 3 hours drive each way and a tank of fuel, I found out it could be done in Shropshire AND it was nearly half the price of darn sarff.
John M

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:12 pm

Oh No, gutted for you Greg :(
thats right next to one of my fav pubs too
http://www.watermillinn.co.uk/
probably the only reason I've never been caught there is 'cos I slow down just to check that the pub hasn't shut down.
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Not one to get left out, I was done on saturday night in the car on the way to Hawes, as i mentioned to a couple of you... 70 indicated and i spotted the van maybe 500 metres away. done for 68... fek bolloack arse... wasnt that good a day overall for me was it
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:27 pm

PBBoxer wrote:Not one to get left out, I was done on saturday night in the car on the way to Hawes, as i mentioned to a couple of you... 70 indicated and i spotted the van maybe 500 metres away. done for 68... fek bolloack arse... wasnt that good a day overall for me was it

Commiserations Paul.

DT
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:32 pm

In the words of Unlucky Alf - 'Oh bugger'. :-(

Ok we all know the law's the law but it doesn't stop me (and it never will) being utterly pissed off at bloody good riders getting nabbed for doing nothing more than a few mph over the limit. Especially when one sees some truly woeful driving (and riding it has to be said) going on out there which goes un-punished.

f90x

Postby f90x » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Gromit wrote:In the words of Unlucky Alf - 'Oh bugger'. :-(

Ok we all know the law's the law but it doesn't stop me (and it never will) being utterly pissed off at bloody good riders getting nabbed for doing nothing more than a few mph over the limit. Especially when one sees some truly woeful driving (and riding it has to be said) going on out there which goes un-punished.

Too true. I'd rather they lost all the cameras and tripled the amount of police on the roads. I'd rather take my chances with extra police and have them around to deter and catch all the idiots that are around these days. They won't though because having spoken to a few disgruntled police it's all about numbers and income now.
R1200GS TC. Triple Black
R1200S. It’s gone. Had it 11yrs. My favourite bike in 42yrs riding.

Holdsworth professional
Motobecane C3
Brompton

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:10 pm

f90x wrote:
Too true. I'd rather they lost all the cameras and tripled the amount of police on the roads. I'd rather take my chances with extra police and have them around to deter and catch all the idiots that are around these days. They won't though because having spoken to a few disgruntled police it's all about numbers and income now.

Indeed, I totally agree Steve. The big problem is that the Police would be burdened with having to prove every single driving misdemeanor on the road - the courts would clog up with d*ckhead drivers (unwilling to take respsonsibility for their actions) appealing against every prosecution. With a speed camera it's cut & dried. If the Police were given powers to prosecute on-the-spot (as they can in France) though...

However the cameras do SFA to improve driving standards.

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:28 pm

I couldnt believe the bugger was there at 7pm, middle of the moors. We hadnt seen more than a couple of other vehicles on the way up.
Broke the law strictly soeaking though,,,, but still pissed lol
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:20 am

Gromit wrote:

They do - when the recipient of the points reaches 9 ..................

But - as is recognised, it is all about every element of policing to generate income. Getting the public to pay twice.

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Blackal wrote:
Gromit wrote:

They do - when the recipient of the points reaches 9 ..................

Al

Now there's a thought. Award every single driver with nine points and send us all on our way.

Return to “Days Out”