Helpful Suggestion

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Helpful Suggestion

Postby boxerscott » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:01 am

As frequent travellers and that my other half is in the accommodation providing business I offer this advice.

ITA`s (Iternet travel agents) may offer one click booking, this seems very convenient but the reality is that you are probably paying over the odds.

These sites such as booking .Com charge the service provider a whopping 15 pc on the service providers advertised prices.

Think about it, hold the click, ring the provider direct and negotiate yourself at least a 7.5pc discount?

We find that large hotel chains subscribed to ITA`s do not negotiate, but independent ones are happy to offer a 10pc discount from a direct booking over their internet advertised prices.

ITa`s Like other off shore corporates do not pay expected taxation levels.

They are in fact putting up the cost of accommodation and making tourism more expensive. Think before you click, :)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:12 am

You are correct, of course...............

But:

Sometimes the ability to cancel right up to day of arrival - is an overriding feature.

Also (especially for foreign bookings) there can be a better confidence that the booking is correct.

Al :)
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:12 am

Yes, it is a slick operation, but from a providers viewpoint the "Punter" could be left high and dry cos they invariably forget who they are contracting with and the convenience of one click overrides the essential requirement to read the providers terms and conditions.

ITa`s do not give a toss about the punter or the provider.

One click shopping is not a guarantee of best value for money.

Think before you Click :)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Days Out”