Reivers and Beyond

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

popsky

Reivers and Beyond

Postby popsky » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:40 pm

Me and Karen are very much looking forward to the upcoming Scottish extravaganza :lol: and we thought that after travelling north of the border [the first time for us both] do we really want to ride home on the Sunday, so a plan was hatched :wink:

So after breaky on the Sunday morning we shall say cheerio and head north, not done the exact route yet but its in hand, with a overnighter in Pitlochry, then onto Applecross on bank holiday Monday. were hoping to sniff Skye before taking the ferry back to the mainland and Fort William stopping in Oban. Prestwick is our last night in Scotland [my cousin is a ATC there] so were staying with him and his family, our last night away sees us stay in Skipton :shock: im hoping a certain gent and good lady might be able to meet us for the evening, then on Friday its M way home.

Any tip bits greatly received :D but the hotels are booked so don't go telling us not to stop there :twisted: lol, we would like to see the Commando memorial north of Fort William If possible and Electric Brea south of Prestwick is on the list.

Must say i'm looking forward to Chris route on the Saturday and meeting up with friends, [but Archie, isn't it a long way for you to help me lube the F800 chain] :wink:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Al

Postby Al » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi Phil, We have driven (albeit in the motorhome) around Skye and from the ferry at Mallaig to Fort William, it takes you past the viaduct in the Harry Potter films, and IF you have the weather it is stunning, there is a really nice place called Plockton near the skye bridge with a good pub for a meal nr the water and close to Eilean Donan castle, if it is fish spawning time the fish ladder at Pitlochry is worth a visit, enjoy the trip and mind the midgies.

Are the somerset posse going to Wales?

Al
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

popsky

Postby popsky » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:51 pm

Al wrote:Hi Phil, We have driven (albeit in the motorhome) around Skye and from the ferry at Mallaig to Fort William, it takes you past the viaduct in the Harry Potter films, and IF you have the weather it is stunning, there is a really nice place called Plockton near the skye bridge with a good pub for a meal nr the water and close to Eilean Donan castle, if it is fish spawning time the fish ladder at Pitlochry is worth a visit, enjoy the trip and mind the midgies.

Are the somerset posse going to Wales?

Al

Cheers Al,
Andy Tracy and Ian are going to Llangollen, we've got other commitments namely the Scottish trip + plus an extended trip via the Mosel/Black Forest, Austria to the B'ol D'or, it's back at Paul Ricard this year, :lol: and an extension to our bungalow hopefully before the end of the year.
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Looking forward to seeing you mate, we will of course come out for a meal / drinks etc

Know some brilliant routes up there and will send to you but i'm sure the Scottish contingent will add some
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Looking forward to seeing you mate, we will of course come out for a meal / drinks etc

Know some brilliant routes up there and will send to you but i'm sure the Scottish contingent will add some
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

Return to “Days Out”