Trackdays in the south. Anyone around?

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Tue May 26, 2015 9:12 pm

I don't know. Have to be back for work the next day. Will see if something can be done about that.

All work and no play. I have really neglected myself since we moved house but I can feel my body is not right and my mind is drifting to motorcycle stuff at work. I have decided to make a change.

I will be very happy just to catch up with you guys and have a blast.
'Let me check my concernometer.'

DPG

Postby DPG » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Cadwell on Monday chaps. Just getting everything together this end. I'll be there for about 5pm on Sunday. Hopefully see you there, looking forward to it....
R1250GS
R1100S BCR
KTM RC8R 12R.
2006 HD Streetglide.
Claas Arion 180
MF 135
MF 350
1943 Ford 2N Funk Flathead Conversion

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Bike is back together, lennies inlet duct fitted and a new battery. Last checks on Sunday afternoon to make sure everything is tight that should be tight and loose what should be loose. Just washed it this morning ready to collect the flies on Monday.

DPG

Postby DPG » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:15 am

Fantastic!

Just found out that the fuel pumps at Cadders at kaput so you'll need to got out to refuel or bring a couple of cans in the trailer. I'll have 40litres with me so should have a little spare if needed...
R1250GS
R1100S BCR
KTM RC8R 12R.
2006 HD Streetglide.
Claas Arion 180
MF 135
MF 350

DPG

Postby DPG » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:16 am

Joe? When are you travelling up?
R1250GS
R1100S BCR
KTM RC8R 12R.
2006 HD Streetglide.
Claas Arion 180
MF 135
MF 350

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:24 pm

Monday morning. Working on Sunday and have a few things doing at home before I go. Sunday eve will be too late for me to travel. I'll miss the evening get together.

Yep, I got the mail. Usually I bring enough fuel. Cadwell is not to bad on the fuel consumption. Brim the tank and another 15l is ok even for Snetterton. I'll bring a spare 5l. The London lads is probably flat out getting the bikes ready or they are having a BBQ.

What I need is an exhaust, Laser preferably and a PC111 or Techclusion/Dobeck thingy. Some other bits and bobs and a bit of header work done just to stop the engine from being asthmatic. I want to keep the thing as standard as possible regarding the engine because it is a bottomless pit once you start going that direction. Need the suspension sorted (not yet done, I'm bad I know) and I spotted an improvement that can be made to the 11S but as usual if involves a lot of manufacturing.

DPG

Postby DPG » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:36 am

Ok chap, see you Monday morning.

We can talk about engine stuff at some point too....
R1250GS
R1100S BCR
KTM RC8R 12R.
2006 HD Streetglide.
Claas Arion 180
MF 135
MF 350

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:34 am

Good to meet the lads again. It was a brilliant day out. Well the morning was. Hope the afternoon had some dry sessions. Good thing I left at lunch. Got back just in time to give the missus a lift from work and to get the trailer back before dark. I was knackered and in bed early. There is life in the old dog and that is all I needed to know.

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:46 pm

Bonus round. MSVT track day evening on August the 17th. This is the same day as the BMW club track day. £39 (or maybe less if you phone Stuart) for 4 extra goes around the track. So book the evening event with and we get the chance to hoon around after everybody else has gone. Groups will be split into Novice and Inter/Advanced. How does it sound?

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:17 pm

Just got off the phone with Stuart at MSVT. For the evening track day we will have to register again and attend the briefing. Track time starts at 17:30. I have reserved 5 places. Call Stuart on 01474 875226 and quote BMW/Oakley for a 10% discount. So that will be £35 instead of £39. Cut off date for the reserved places are 31 August when it will be released back to the general public.

DPG

Postby DPG » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:15 pm

I would love to stay on for that. Really I would, but I have a very early start on Tuesday 18th so I'm pushing my luck going in the first place. For sure, I'll be doing a couple in September to make up for it..

Cadwell then: We had a great day and the people at MSV Cadwell performed to their usual brilliant standard. All the riders I spoke with were great as well.

As always, these trackdays provide me the chance to catch up with freinds who I otherwise never get to see. It was great to see Tanneman, Er-Minio, Metripolis and Surflogic again, plus the BMW guys (Rob, Jim, Dave E, James and David H to mention a few). I swear the people are what makes the Non-Competetive trackdays enjoyable.

In short, a really nice day at the track, even with the rain. My pics from Gary at Picman arrived yesterday:

Leaving the Pits for the first sighting session on the new-to-me GS. My 'Inner Show-Off' got the better of me for a moment:

One of only a couple on the BCR. I got 2 sessions on it in between my other duties but the rain in the afternoon saw it back in the trailer due to the tyres I have on it:

The other BCR picture. Its more to show the Park not-straight at the back of the circuit. What may not be quite so obvious from the picture is how much of a drop you make and the climb back up the other side. It's massive, a real roller-coaster and one of the reasons I love riding at Cadwell:

There were a few showers in the late morning and just after lunch, it really started to rain:

and rain:

and eventually it was wet with a capital 'Wet':

And a giffy because I've been playing with those recently:

Looking forward to Snetterton next month. The new Ohlins rear for BCR will be in and I'm eager to see what difference it makes.
R1250GS
R1100S BCR
KTM RC8R 12R.
2006 HD Streetglide.
Claas Arion 180
MF 135
MF 350

er-minio

Postby er-minio » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:12 am

DPG wrote:As always, these trackdays provide me the chance to catch up with freinds who I otherwise never get to see. It was great to see Tanneman, Er-Minio, Metripolis and Surflogic again, plus the BMW guys (Rob, Jim, Dave E, James and David H to mention a few). I swear the people are what makes the Non-Competetive trackdays enjoyable.

Same here man! :wink:
Have some pictures from Sunday, forgot to post them:

I got 2 sessions on it in between my other duties but the rain in the afternoon saw it back in the trailer due to the tyres I have on it

Ah! :wink:

I did some extremely slow and careful laps with the HP2 on Supercorsas in the wet.
One guy came up to me and asked how i found it later in the paddock.
I explained him that I was basically doing 40mph all over the track :D
But we had a nice chat, very nice guy.

Apparently he was a journalist from Bike magazine I was told.
R1150R '03 (in pieces)
R1200GS '07 Adv
HP2 Sport '11
[I'm the biggest limit on my bike]

bins

Postby bins » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:11 pm

The 2 of you overtook me, so that means I was only doing 35!!! and I was on my RRRRRRR r Yes, the journalist was Matt from Ride, I'm hoping he and Tim from MCN will be at Snetterton. Did Oulton yesterday, MSV road bike only day, got 6 sessions in the dry and 1 slightly damp, my luck has to run out one day!, lets hope it's not next Tuesday and Wednesday at the Ring.

er-minio

Postby er-minio » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:45 pm

Hi Rob, hope you guys have fun at Snetterton... I won't be able to join you as the girlfriend wants to go on vacation (rightly so). :(

I managed to do a cheeky trackday (with msvt) there last Monday with Tom and Marcin.
Weather was good!

I'll try one last trackday (possibly Snet again) in September, before winter comes.
R1150R '03 (in pieces)

R1200GS '07 Adv

HP2 Sport '11

[I'm the biggest limit on my bike]

surflogic

Postby surflogic » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:25 pm

Cadwell Park was absolutely amazing, even though the second half was slightly wet. It felt a little bit intimidating at first when we walked a sighting lap. Quite hilly too. But on the day it felt great! Perhaps because I was super slow :)

Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces next Monday at Snetterton. It promises to be a great day.

@DPG: Awesome giffy skills there! :)
---
R12S 2007 + Sport Pack
F800 ST 2006

Return to “Days Out”