Trackdays in the south. Anyone around?

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

DPG

Postby DPG » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:35 pm

Hey I recognize the bloke in that top photo! The fat one in the white shirt doing karate practice, I've seen him before. Don't listen to a word he says - he's an idiot. :p

Cadwell was great and Snetterton was too. A dry day all day and busy too. Loads of new people getting onto track for their first time. Luckily I managed to make some time to get the BCR going and find out if the new-to-me rear Ohlins was worth the wait. It was:

It felt great and after few minor adjustments, it was giving me confidence to hold the speed up on the way in and to get the power on nice and early on the way out. I like it a lot, and I'm sure it'll only get better after I track down a front to go with it....

A few more of the BCR:

I've not seen a close up of the BCR flat out on the straight before. The rear is higher than I expected:

EXTREME CLOSE UUUUP!!!!! That was some lens, the PicMan Gary was a way away when he shot this one..

I had plenty of coaching laps on the GS. It became obvious pretty early on that the AltRider crash bars are extremely well made but ultimately have to go. I was clanging them off the floor with monotonous regularity. It was unsettling..

The Old Boy was there on his KTM and having a good day. I hope I look as good when I'm 73!

I'm looking at date for the end of this month (Sept) and maybe one in October.. I'll post when I have something...
R1250GS
R1100S BCR
KTM RC8R 12R.
2006 HD Streetglide.
Claas Arion 180
MF 135
MF 350
1943 Ford 2N Funk Flathead Conversion

er-minio

Postby er-minio » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:09 pm

surflogic wrote:But on the day it felt great!

Shall I post *that* video? :lol:
R1150R '03 (in pieces)
R1200GS '07 Adv
HP2 Sport '11
[I'm the biggest limit on my bike]

er-minio

Postby er-minio » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:12 pm

DPG wrote:Hey I recognize the bloke in that top photo! The fat one in the white shirt doing karate practice, I've seen him before. Don't listen to a word he says - he's an idiot. :p

We don't.
We just smile politely usually... :D :P

I'm looking at date for the end of this month (Sept) and maybe one in October.. I'll post when I have something...

As I said when we met last time, I'll be away in September.
I'm leaving (with the GS on a train!) next week for Italy, then I'll be riding back through some Swiss passes 8)

If the weather is decent in October, I wouldn't hate one last day at Snetterton in case, if it comes out cheap.
R1150R '03 (in pieces)

R1200GS '07 Adv

HP2 Sport '11

[I'm the biggest limit on my bike]

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:25 am

Snetterton was ace and by now I know the track fairly well. Managed to scrape the slider left and right after years of trying. Good day out and it is always a pleasure to catch up with fellow trixters.

Looking at Rockingham for first weekend in October with No Limits. Last weekend in September the bike is going Piston and Props Show at Sywell Airfield just outside Northampton. You guys are more than welcome to pop over. Paul Morgan's son, Patric will be there with a Carlos Checa Ducati GP6 and 2011 WSB Ducati no11 plus he has since acquired a 500cc two stroke GP bike. It will be worth it.
'Let me check my concernometer.'

Return to “Days Out”