Reivers Ride Out 2016

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:31 pm

More than welcome, I can honestly say as far as road riding is concerned the route is better than good, uncongested roads and invigorating scenery. Do not let the BHW put you all off, use it as an advantage to see more of Bonnie Scotland. This is not a Skeg or Brid Vegas dash. (see my latest post Days Out Fife and Angus) To follow... photobucket playing up

Chris. :?
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

boxerscott

Angus and Fife

Postby boxerscott » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:00 pm

Cadrona near Peebles and TweedImage

New Forth Rd. Bridge construction

Tay Road Bridge (Dundee)

Harbour Nights B+B Arbroath harbourside

One of Arbroaths identities

Another one, Bell Rock (Inch Cape lighthouse)

Foundry Bar Arbroath, Maybe Scotlands oldest Alehouse , concurrent licsense since 1830. Good pint and interesting history.

From Angus to Fife, Lomonds in the background (I think!)

Seaton Cliffs Arbroath to Auchtermithie Walk

Falkland under the Lomonds. Nice place very historic.

Strathmiglo (spelling may be incorrect) Johhny Cash`s ancestral home

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/f ... tish-roots

So that was our long weekend. I can highly recommend this part of Scotland. Just thought I would share that with you. :)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

Malj

Reavers weekend

Postby Malj » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:15 pm

Other half has Just booked us in to the glenbank house hotel for the weekend, not been to a boxertrix meet yet so looking forward to it.

Mal & Christine
Mal

popsky

Re: Reavers weekend

Postby popsky » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:27 pm

Malj wrote:Other half has Just booked us in to the glenbank house hotel for the weekend, not been to a boxertrix meet yet so looking forward to it.

Mal & Christine

We thoroughly enjoyed our Scottish weekend last year, and the Glenbank was superb, would have no hesitation in going back :D
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

boxerscott

Re: Reavers weekend

Postby boxerscott » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:28 pm

Malj wrote:Other half has Just booked us in to the glenbank house hotel for the weekend, not been to a boxertrix meet yet so looking forward to it.

Mal & Christine
Welcome aboard Mal, looking forward to meeting with you both.

Chris.
Fiat Panda.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, do we have any prospective Rievers and Divas for the forthcoming Bank Holiday weekend?

You will enjoy and experience a really flowing route through our glorious border land without the congestion that is synonymous with other hot spots.

I am a wee bit concerned that the social event of the group dinner may be compromised by a smaller gathering. The caterers have to do this down to a price.

I would be grateful for any endorsements to encourage the "not made my mind up yet fraternity" There are still beds available in the Town.

Chris :)
Fiat Panda.

SP250

Postby SP250 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Chris

Had not considered the weekend, as I had something else in the diary from months back.
However, that is now looking flakey, so I could well be up for it if there is any accommodation left.
A quick net trawl has nowhere with reasonable prices available.
Will take your advice and ring round next week to see.
John M

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:06 am

Well worth the trip John. Lovely area and fantastic roads and scenery
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

SP250

Postby SP250 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:04 pm

Chris
Royal Hotel doesn't have a single decent review on the booking sites and wants £80 a night for a twin room, so will continue ringing round after the weekend.
Dave
I know the scenery is magic as I was raised in the NE and used to travel up there regularly with parents at weekends etc.
John M

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:42 pm

Company will probably be OK too :wink:
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun May 01, 2016 11:43 am

SP250 wrote:Chris
Royal Hotel doesn't have a single decent review on the booking sites and wants £80 a night for a twin room, so will continue ringing round after the weekend.
Dave
I know the scenery is magic as I was raised in the NE and used to travel up there regularly with parents at weekends etc.
Spread eagle hotel has a twin room and a double room available. £79pn b+b inc. for the 27th and 28th. 01835 863133 Otherwise the town looks full.

I have stayed in worse places than the Royal. The staff are friendly and the breakfast is good. otherwise it is basic but not bad. Can say the rooms are no better or worse than the Fountain at Hawes.

Can you pair up with another trixter John?

Would be great to have another couple of trixters for the weekend :)
Fiat Panda.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun May 01, 2016 1:16 pm

Dave

PM'd you John,

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Sun May 01, 2016 5:52 pm

Dave

Hi John, Me, Dave and Archie stayed at the Royal last year, no probs with it at all, it is a bit "basic" but for somewhere to lay your head its ok,
you will love the route that Chris has devised, I think it the best route that we've ever run on a trixter weekend, and I've been to most of them over the last 12 years!

Hope to see you there mate.

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

boxerscott

Group Dinner

Postby boxerscott » Tue May 03, 2016 9:35 pm

I have posted up on the intro page the menu for the group dinner at The Carters Rest for Saturday 28th. at 7.30pm. Can you PM me your menu choices asap and no later than 21/5/16

For those wanting a meal on the Friday evening I can suggest the following,

Glen Bank House Hotel 01835 862258
Belters Bar 01835 862380
Capon Tree (posh nosh) 01835 869596
Carters Rest 01835 864745

Please book well in advance for the above or you will not get a seat. There is a large wedding party in the town this weekend.

Or.

TOO BAZ , Indian 01835 863503

Two chippies in town and two chinkies plus a Turkish takeaway.

The meet and greet is at the Carters Rest on Friday evening from 9pm

CHRIS. :)
Fiat Panda.

bikemad99

Postby bikemad99 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:53 am

Hi Chris, menu choises for Saturday. Gwen:- mushrooms-chicken-lemon meringue. Reg:- mushrooms-pork-lemon meringue. We are off to Holyhead on Saturday then catching ferry Sunday morning to Dublin then a few days in N. Ireland with my eldest daughter Jackie & her husband Nigel, & Peter & Alan in 3 MX5s,so am looking forward to completing the UK with you in Jedburgh.
Reg & Gwen.
2000 BMW R1100s
1964 Royal Enfield 250cc Crusader
2012 Mazda Mx5 2.0ltr Kuro.
2004 Roller Team Granduca 171.
1992 Jaguar 4ltr Sovereign.
2018 Volvo t3 v40 Cross Country.
Reg & Gwen.

Return to “Days Out”