North wales charity ride out

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Boxered
Route Master

North wales charity ride out

Postby Boxered » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:23 am

A ride out in aid of the Nightingale house hospice in Wrexham is being run on Sunday 17th April, thats the sunday of our welsh bash, so if you're not rushing off home maybe you can join i for a good cause.
the following is from Chris, the organiser.

http://www.nightingalehouse.co.uk/event/ride-out/

I'm organising a brand new event - the Nightingale Ride Out - on Sunday 17th April 2016 in North Wales. And it's a fundraiser for Nightingale House Hospice in Wrexham.

The 60 mile route starts from the famous Llangollen Pavilion (Denbighshire) at 11am, goes up the Horseshoe Pass, through Bryneglwys and Ruthin towards Denbigh, and stops at 34 miles A&D Motorcycles in Denbigh. The ride out then finishes at the Swallow Falls Hotel in Betws-y-Coed where there will be some words of thanks from Nightingale House Hospice before everyone is free to head home!

The full route, more info and registration details are all on event website. I can't post the link but if you google 'nightingale house hospice wrexham' and go through to the events page, you will see it listed there.

You can also get in touch with me on 01978 314 292 or chris.andrews@nightingalehouse.co.uk.

Hopefully we'll see some of you on 17th April!

Cheers,

Chris
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:31 am

Good spot Steve and the pavilion in Llangollen is just across the way from the wild pheasant, and who doesn't enjoy a ride out to a motorbike showroom for a coffee :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:03 am

There was a massive turnout for this rideout, raising a lot of cash for the hospice, so many bikes meant a very slow run but everyone behaved themselves.
I also spotted my old R1100S in the car park at A&D Motorcycles in Denbigh, it now has 40K+ on the clock and looks to be still going strong, couldn't find the owner so I left one of our calling cards on it.

Steve
Well-weathered leather

Hot metal and oil

The scented country air

Sunlight on chrome

The blur of the landscape

Every nerve aware

Return to “Days Out”