Saucy weekend

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

GRAgusta

Saucy weekend

Postby GRAgusta » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:09 am

My sojourn in Italy has come to an end, and Mrs A agreed to my request to spend our last weekend in Bologna.

I did no research about the city and was excited to find such an intriguing old town ... narrow streets, houses dating back to 12th century, great artisan food shops and eateries .... a very pleasant surprise. Jenny loved visiting the University's anatomical theatre dating from 1600's.

And we did find the answer to such long standing questions as YES you do put carrot in a Bolognese sauce .... But no spaghetti.

However, the real reason for going was to visit Maranello, and Borga Panigale.

I loved both of the Ferrari museums, the race cars are in Maranello, and the home and workshop of Enzo's dad in Modena are a gorgeous homage to Ferraris engines and the artistic creations - backed by Modena's other favourite son Pavarotti.

Then to Borga Panigale for a well worthwhile Ducati factory tour - saw where our Diavels were made - and loads of time in their racing museum. We saw the door behind which the MotoGP 16 was being made ....

An excellent couple of days, highly recommended if you are passing.
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:13 pm

Looks good , I love the supermono

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:31 pm

Quality.

Italiano Cool.

No Fiat Museum??

:)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Fw190

Postby Fw190 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:29 pm

''And we did find the answer to such long standing questions as YES you do put carrot in a Bolognese sauce .... But no spaghetti''

Sorry fella, there's actually no such thing as Bolognese sauce, it's called 'Ragu' carrots or otherwise... if you recall the episode of Top Gear where they ran around trying to get Spaghetti Bolognese.. they never did find it!

but Bologna is a cool city, home to the three 't's... towers, tits and Tortelli!

:lol:

cheers
Ty

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:06 pm

246 Dino one of the prettiest cars ever built IMHO.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Return to “Days Out”