Highland Fling

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

GunK190

Highland Fling

Postby GunK190 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:25 pm

Wanted to head to the Pico's this year but left it a little too late to get the ferry and times to coincide with time off work so I'm off back to the Scottish Highlands this June and I'm really looking forward to returning to mountains hills and glen's. Went for the first time last year,was completely blown away and couldn't get over I was still in the UK. I travel around camping in different sites and places but this year I'm going to base myself in one place and do day ride-outs. I'm going to stay in a cabin here http://www.macdonaldhotel.co.uk/hotel/

Four nights for just 80 quid saves taking the tent looks pretty comfy and means the chance to chill in the evening with a beer and something hot to eat if I don't fancy cooking in the cabin.Plan on trying to do a little bit of walking, The Old man of Storr wanted to last year but was a little pushed for time

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:28 pm

Fort William isn't my favourite hub, but for your accommodation - a good deal.

Plenty of day-runs from there, too - in every direction.

Hope you get the weather - it can be a tad wet in Ft William.

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

GunK190

Postby GunK190 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:43 pm

Blackal went mid June last year weather was amazing I was so lucky hopping fingers crossed for a little more this year

Return to “Days Out”