Hawes September 2016.

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:56 pm

Well just how can you not enjoy a weekend with such perfect company plus boxerscot? some people managed to decode the secret mobile number, others.......not so much :wink:
Top box flinging to be incorporated into the next Olympics as a guest sport I hear :lol:
Many thanks for all the kind comments re the route, I really wanted to show the best roads but unfortunately that meant using some of yorkshire's best efforts before we got to the Lancashire hotspots (geddit?)
Thoroughly enjoyable weekend made by great people, great lancastrian roads, fine food and drink and perfect weather! pinch me, I'm dreaming 8)

Thanks all

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:41 pm

Most have beat me to it but a great weekend :D

Made it back safe after the long slog down the motorways but not too bad.

Thanks Steve, a lovely ride out, stunning roads but didn't see much scenery, slightly worried about the guns at one point, not sure if we were the next 'bird'. Thought those bu+++rs had to be 100m from the nearest road but I guess goat tracks don't count. ':wink:

Thanks Peter and Alan, well worth the trip up, all the best, see you in Wales.

Will post some pics later.

Dave and Gin

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:03 pm

Top weekend, as ever. See you all in Wales next April.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Return to “Days Out”