Trackdays

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

tanneman

Re: Trackdays

Postby tanneman » Wed May 03, 2017 9:19 am

victorlaszlo wrote:I suppose any nationwide "trackdays.co.uk" vouchers won't be possible to use?

Regarding clothing, what are the restrictions on gloves, boots and helmets?

As the track days are run at MSV venues their rules apply. Never heard of vouchers being accepted at BMW track days. Read the terms and conditions on the voucher.

Full leather 1 piece or 360 zip together 2 piece suit. Gloves and boots that fasten properly and goes over any part of the suit or exposed skin. ACU approved helmet.

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/bike/faq.aspx
'Let me check my concernometer.'

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:41 am

Set off at 6:30 to go to Caldwell and watch the track day and help out if I could. Stopped and filled up at Thirsk, 10 miles, pulled into a petrol station after crossing the Humber Bridge at the A18/M180 junction 5 for a pee stop and filled up while I was there, then the bike wouldn't start, bloody nightmare. Power for idiot lights and headlight but won't turn the engine over. Waiting for recovery, pissed off :(
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:16 am

So, took the day off on one of the hottest days of the year to ride over to Cadwell, perfect, until the bike wouldn't re-start at the services at the M180/A15 junction after a pee and petrol stop. Lights yes but wouldn't turn over, nothing at 8am. Let her cool for 15 mins and kept trying her, still nothing, damn, rang recovery, someone will be with me within 90 mins. Got out of my leathers and under suit into my shorts, tee shirt and flip flops from my rucksack and waited. After two updates from the recovery company, the second when I wasn't happy about the elongated wait, their man appeared, 3 hrs 20 mins after I had rang !

The guy was brilliant though. He had worked on BM's in a previous life and knew all about my model and was very happy to have come to me because in is words 'you never see these', which I already knew. After he told me all about the BoxerCup we tried it again, she turned over no problem and fired first prod of the button, unbelievable. He put his multi meter on the external socket and the battery was getting loads of charge, stumped, must be the heat affecting the battery, its now very hot. stopped and started her to make sure all was ok and I 'caned' her the last 30 miles to Cadwell.

The day was in full swing when I arrived at 12:30 and everyone was having a great time, the only complaint was it was too nice, too hot lol. I left at 3:30 and had a good ride keeping off the main routes, brilliant. I decided to fill up at Thirsk opposite Teasdales bike shop just incase. I got 149 miles to reserve by the way, well impressed, she is now running properly obviously. Sure enough, after filling up and drinking a bottle of water to refresh, she wouldn't turn over, bugger, it was 6pm. But, after about a minute, she very, very slowly turned over, it was painfully slow but then fired up, 'don't let her stall' and I got home in 15 mins. Frustrating but I will have to monitor it.
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

er-minio

Postby er-minio » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:24 pm

So, took the day off on one of the hottest days of the year to ride over to Cadwell

The heat was brutal on the 19th. And, mind me, I'm Italian... I should be used to that sort of temperatures. :D

Had to go get some money over lunch break at Cadwell, so I jumped in the Transit Van and drove to the nearest town, still in full leathers, got into a co-op supermaket and suddenly realised how much I stank by the looks of people.
Apologised profusely, grabbed a couple of sandwiches, cash machine and back at the circuit :oops: :D :oops:
R1150R '03 (in pieces)
R1200GS '07 Adv
HP2 Sport '11
[I'm the biggest limit on my bike]

bins

Postby bins » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:32 pm

Here's a couple of laps of Cadwell, I know I'm on the S1000 but the camera is on a G S. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohn4sfRB1gM

victorlaszlo

Postby victorlaszlo » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:19 am

bins wrote:Here's a couple of laps of Cadwell, I know I'm on the S1000 but the camera is on a G S. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohn4sfRB1gM

Great footage! You'd easily outrun the GS if you didn't lean against the bike but with it :wink:

bins

Postby bins » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 am

I do have a problem with body positioning until I am riding at my natural speed, on the vid I was riding to the pace of the G S, he was a lot closer than the footage portrays, had one eye in the mirror a lot of the time, hence the terrible line through Charlies 1 on the second lap, thanks for watching, R B.

Return to “Days Out”