Welsh Weekend 2018 - done

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

jonton

Re: Welsh Weekend 2018 - IS LIVE :D

Postby jonton » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:38 pm

Great weekend guys, I had a blast and a top ride home through the back roads to London. It was ace to have a chance to talk about these bikes I dig so much and play catch-up with you guys.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Arrived home safe and sound after a cracking weekend thanks to all especially mr p for organising yet another great boxertrix gathering !! Fabulous hotel great food great company and the weather gods were kind to us and not to much of a hangover :D :drunken: Happy days see you all again soon
R1250 GS Rallye :cyclopsani:

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Well, what can I say, quite a lot actually, as the the Welsh Weekend attendees can now testify :lol: I had a fantastic time over this weekend. The hotel was perfect, just the right amount of quirkiness with friendly, helpful, competent staff, good food and a great bar. The weather Gods were shining down on us saturday which just made the rideout awesome. Speaking of which, a massive thank you to Steve for organising the aforementioned rideout but not for taking us the wrong way out of the hotel entrance :roll: , not a great start :lol: and trying to take us back to the start after a short stint and for turning the wrong way out of the Dinosaur coffee stop and then, and then, tried to blame his sat nav ! Just out of interest, who programmed the sat nav Steve ? :mrgreen: But these were minor items that did nothing to take any gloss off a magic fast and safe ride, well done Sir 8) Plus, everyone got back safe and sound which is the golden rule obviously on biking weekends

I always believe it's the people who make get togethers and weekends the success they are and the Trixters are no exception to that rule. You are all a bunch of wanke............no, no, start again. You are all a great bunch which it was a pleasure to meet and who made this virgin Trixter feel very welcome and part of the group already. we had some great craic and took great pleasure in taking the piss out of each other and talking bollox, which is all great fun. I can't wait to meet up again.

I did 815 miles over the weekend and loved every single mile and minute, especially on that S1000R which I am now going to buy. The BoxerCup Replica is going i'm afraid, after 13 months of ownership, she is going to be replaced by a younger, fitter, sexier, faster model, I just have to sort the right deal for me, Steve, sharpen your pencil Mate :bounce:

Thank you all and hope to meet you soon.

Cheers :occasion5:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:25 pm

An enjoyable weekend, shared with new acquaintances.
The usual thanks to the lads who put themselves out to organise this event.

Looking forward to Rievers Ride (see Days Out) and catching up again with folk.

Chris (and Amanda)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Al

Postby Al » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:52 pm

Just to add our thanks to all involved in making it another memorable Trixster weekend, it was nice to meet to meet some new faces and hope everybody had a safe trip home.

Al & Sue
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:06 am

A most excellent time was had by all. Thanks to Steve for organising the weekend, yet again, and to everyone else for coming along and joining in the fun. Here's a (mercifully) short video that I made with footage from the weekend.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

popsky

Postby popsky » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:16 am

An excellent weekend as usual, hotel was much better than expected with good food and a well stocked bar (hic). Throughly enjoyed the ride out especially the little detour :mrgreen: over the moor with Ryan and Boxermed. I thought the weather could have been a little better though :lol:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Morse

Postby Morse » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:26 am

Thanks very much to Steve for organising everything, especially the weather. It was great to meet up with the regulars and newbies alike. Thanks also to Paul for the excellent video I just showed the wife as it showed how steadily we all ride - some of the time.

Cheers

Chris

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:12 am

Paul wrote:A most excellent time was had by all. Thanks to Steve for organising the weekend, yet again, and to everyone else for coming along and joining in the fun. Here's a (mercifully) short video that I made with footage from the weekend.

Cheers,

Paul

Now then Paul, that is impressive Mate, the picture quality is very good and your seamless editing to go from drone to GoPro, well done Sir.
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Decent video Paul - top quality. Thanks!

Mike
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

PaulDavies

Postby PaulDavies » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:45 am

Boxermed69 wrote:What a cracking few days. Thanks for organising once again Mr P. - oh, and for sorting the Motorrad Sunshine Pack. I thought the hotel was spot on - notwithstanding my box room (sans gold-plated swan taps). Most defo in the servants' quarters. That'll learn me not to be so cheap next time :?. Gonna have to take Mrs R. to Baskerville Hall.

Enjoyed the run out yesterday (and especially the extra-curricular loop - nice one Popsky). Thanks to Paul (?) for sterling TEC duty - worked a treat for me (ahem [smilie=whistle.gif]). Gutted that I missed out on the extended ride - I hear Hereford's quite nice [smilie=sofa.gif].

Great to catch up with the Welsh Weekend regulars and to meet new folk. Special thanks to the SW Posse for making I laaaf a lot.

Cheers all :thumbright:

Mike

Thanks for the thanks (tec) enjoyed every second, sound bunch of people really enjoyed every ones company see you all next time Paul
--
Paul

Return to “Days Out”