Annual Treat :)

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Annual Treat :)

Postby slparry » Tue May 30, 2017 7:19 pm

Every year, after the Spring Bank Holiday I pop up to Anglesey for a ride out and lunch at my fave seafood restaurant, The Lobster Pot.

http://www.thelobsterpotrestaurant.co.uk/index.html

Was intending to go on the Boxercup but the weather was a bit grim when I left so decided the RT would be a nicer place to be in the rain :D

It was inclement all the way up to Betws y Coed, but cleared up from there on to be a lovely, breezy but sunny day.

sign.jpg
sign.jpg (102.34 KiB) Viewed 6958 times

As usual lunch didn't disappoint, 6 live oysters to start, and a lobster with garlic butter for mains ... and a small dry white wine.

oysters.jpg
oysters.jpg (69.07 KiB) Viewed 6965 times

lobster.jpg
lobster.jpg (82 KiB) Viewed 6965 times

Walk down the beach afterwards followed by a ride back down to Betws and an ice cream at the station before trundling home :D

Today's been a good day :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

milleplod

Re: Annual Treat :)

Postby milleplod » Tue May 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Looks a very nice spread in the bottom pic Steve! Oysters though.....hmmmm.....not quite sure about them, never had one - am I missing out?! :)

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue May 30, 2017 7:41 pm

milleplod wrote:Looks a very nice spread in the bottom pic Steve! Oysters though.....hmmmm.....not quite sure about them, never had one - am I missing out?! :)

Pete

I used to be the same as they certainly don't look appetising, but if you can get past the looks there's nothing that encapsulates the taste of the sea better.

After you've had a few the appearance becomes secondary :D
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Tue May 30, 2017 8:32 pm

slparry wrote:
milleplod wrote:Looks a very nice spread in the bottom pic Steve! Oysters though.....hmmmm.....not quite sure about them, never had one - am I missing out?! :)

Pete

I used to be the same as they certainly don't look appetising, but if you can get past the looks there's nothing that encapsulates the taste of the sea better.

Is that after you've 'had a few glasses', or oysters?! :lol:
Nocto Diuque Venamur

Al

Postby Al » Tue May 30, 2017 9:45 pm

I would have just had the chips,not sure about eating things that live on the seabed and eats s**t :?

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue May 30, 2017 10:27 pm

slparry wrote:

Pete

lobster, finest white meat on the planet bar none. I know. I was brought up from the yards in Whitby. They were a plenty back then, Mum used to prick their eyes and soak them in boiling water, that killed them and they turned a nice reddy pink from black. I got fed up of them and Cod and Halibut and just wished she had made acquaintance`s with the local butchers instead. Mum was very popular it seems. All my mates had square sausage and saveloys I thought I was been short changed. :)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

exoticices

Postby exoticices » Wed May 31, 2017 12:49 pm

Superb.
Not engaging brain, I mis-read it as, "6 live lobsters to start"...

Herb

Postby Herb » Wed May 31, 2017 2:46 pm

A romantic meal for one, complete with aphrodisiac oysters.

Looks nice though!
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

Return to “Days Out”