Where you going on your bike this year?

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Where you going on your bike this year?

Postby Paul » Wed May 31, 2017 9:04 am

Hi Folks,

The sun is (intermittently) out, the open road is calling, so what are your plans for bike holidays this year. I'm off to Chateau Flash in South west France in 3 weeks (still room for a couple of others to join if you are interested) and looking forward to that enormously. I'm also tentatively thinking about a week touring Scotland in the summer, if I can find the time to do that.

So, what are your plans for a grand summer adventure on your bikes? Are you going anywhere new to you or returning to favourite locations of previous years?

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

The Teutonic Tangerine

Re: Where you going on your bike this year?

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Wed May 31, 2017 10:38 am

Apart from rides out with our club at weekend mainly into Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire (we are based Near Maldon in Essex)we have already had one trip to Wales, and another planned for late July and 4 day trip to France in September [smilie=french.gif] . Tomorrow night there will be a summer evening ride to the chippy at Hatfield Heath - not a long ride out - but a chance to get out mid week and have a fish supper [smilie=shark.gif] [smilie=eat.gif] and catch up with everyone. We try to do a few of these this at time of year while we have the light evenings.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

popsky

Postby popsky » Wed May 31, 2017 11:30 am

Me and Mrs P are going to the Bikers Classic
(on our bikes Paul, before you ask :wink: ) at
Spa http://www.bikersclassics.be/?q=en at the end of June, it will be our first Classic event and a first to Spa, really looking forward to it if not the nearly 500 mile ride home on Monday, hope the weather holds but who knows what it will be like in the Ardennes/Eiffel :sunny: :toothy2: [smilie=mf_depressed.gif]
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Herb

Postby Herb » Wed May 31, 2017 2:43 pm

Have to wait until September for my trip this year.

We alternate continental trips with UK trip, and this year it's Scotland for a week. The plans have yet to be finalised, but we have already covered quite a lot of the area on previous trip. I think this year we are going to go to John O'Groats and work across part of the North Coast 500.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Wed May 31, 2017 6:13 pm

16 days through Europe in September. Organised tour, too expensive but what the £uk - I might be dead next year. Cannot wait
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed May 31, 2017 11:54 pm

dave the german wrote:16 days through Europe in September. Organised tour, too expensive but what the £uk - I might be dead next year. Cannot wait
I will remind you of that next trixter outing :)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:03 am

Back to Spain for us, great value for money. Not doing Andalucía as usual but Northern Spain, Picos and beyond. Two weeks early September and we have blocked out our diary for a Yorkshire Dales weekend late September. I may take my bike for a first service if my left hand will allow my right hand to open the wallet. :?
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:48 am

Good stuff chaps. I look forward to seeing the pictures!

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:30 am

. I may take my bike for a first service if my left hand will allow my right hand to op- en the wallet. :?[/quote]
I would pay to see that :wink:
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:25 am

Now then

Carolyn and I have just been to Wales for the weekend. Next is camping at Cock'o'the North and then I'm riding over to watch a Track Day at Cadwell, both in June. I've got a lads weekend booked in Snowdonia in late August then Me and a Mate are at the 'Ring' in early Sept. and anything else I can, I'll fit in between :lol:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

fontana

Postby fontana » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:51 pm

Just been planning our annual trip.
Every year we say we'll try somewhere new, but every year in the end, we play safe and do France and Italy.
Riding down too, and staying in St Martin De Belleville about 700 miles from the ferry, and located in a beautiful mountainous skiing area, and from there basically just ride about.
Summer of course is off season for skiers, meaning very much on season for riders, with virtually empty roads.
Definitely be having a jaunt over to Mandello Del Lario near lake Como, home of Moto Guzzi.
Went there a few years ago.
Fantastic place.

stevesilver

Postby stevesilver » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Leaving saturday 5:30 am to catch 8:00 ferry from Harwich.
Going to Assen for moto GP. Hope weather better than last year, it was a monsoon.
Having a chill day on the monday, then tuesday down to the mecca that is the nurburgring.
Back late wednesday.
Like a little kid at xmas at the moment.
Have not shared many miles yet with the 1100S so fingers crossed all goes well :D :D :D :D :D

stevesilver

Postby stevesilver » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:35 pm

Wow what fantastic races at weekend Rossi is truly a god.
Met Julian Ryder out in the town last night. A top bloke few groups of us kept him chatting for over an hour. Didn't seem to mind. So knowledgeable. I thought he must look the stuff up he refers too but nope it's in his head
Was going to add photo but it's too large and no idea how to make it smaller on me phone

Return to “Days Out”