Somewhere to camp near Moffat?

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

JamesL

Somewhere to camp near Moffat?

Postby JamesL » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:54 am

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows somewhere reasonable to camp near Moffat, on my way back from Scotland in a couple of weeks? Either wild camping or a proper campsite. The trip itself seems to working up fine; Warwickshire to the in-laws in Yorkshire via mates in the Peak District, then back roads via N Yorks moors and Hadrian's Wall to Edinburgh (hope I'm not getting too rural here...); then a bash across to Knoydart for a few days' walking. Then mates in Gairloch via Applecross followed by a two day circuit to John O'Groats then home. I'd forgotten how big Scotland is - Moffat's about half way home from Gairloch! If I break the ride I can do some exploring; otherwise simply bash on for a long day of Armco & trucks and do it in a oner...

Any / all thoughts would be most helpful; meanwhile I'll have a dig through recommendations for decent roads...

Ta Vm, J

dave the german

Re: Somewhere to camp near Moffat?

Postby dave the german » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:21 pm

I believe there is a campsite in Moffat - I seem to remember one of the posse camping there when we had a Boxertrix weekend there. Into the town and (I think) take the road towards St Mary's Loch
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Return to “Days Out”