Off to 'The Ring'

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

BoxerCup R

Off to 'The Ring'

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Now then

Heading off tomorrow morning on the BoxerCup to ride the Nordschleiffe this weekend :bounce: . Should be a busy weekend with the DTM being at the GP track :wink: .
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

stevesilver

Re: Off to 'The Ring'

Postby stevesilver » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:14 pm

Be careful, its a dangerous place, I went on it in 04, done around 10 laps, fantastic experience.

We was there again this year just after the Assen GP, unfortunately or luckily depending how you view it, it was closed :D

Enjoy, the roads around it are fantastic too, shame it always seem to rain there.....

SP250

Postby SP250 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:12 pm

Keep it rubber side down and above all enjoy
John M

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 am

When I went (several years ago now) I made the error of going there on a Saturday morning - the session was full of Porsches with slick tyres full roll cages and drivers in fireproof suits overtaking you at about 165mph. I did not get one corner to myself to be able to take the right line I was too damn busy keeping out of everyone's way. I had three pass me at that sort of speed and they had less than a metre between each of them - I was flat out on my 900 Diversion i.e. about 120mph true speed and they passed me like I was stationary. If I went again I go for a Summer evening session which I think would be quieter.

Be very careful an keep one eye on your mirrors the whole time.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:25 am

Thanks for your concerns lads, much appreciated. I have been every year for the past 10, on bikes and in cars but this was the first time for the BoxerCup. Had a great fun weekend. Did a lap each in Gavins van Sat morning to see where the damp patches were and a biker was down and motionless so the track got shut for an hour, hope he was ok. Track finally opened again for bikes mid afternoon and we got out in the dry and with some sun. The track got shut another couple of times during the day for accidents, one was a new Civic type R 'totalled' big style, ouch. It was busy and brilliant as usual. We got three more laps in before calling it a day. Happy days

stevesilver

Postby stevesilver » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:44 am

BoxerCup R wrote:Thanks for your concerns lads, much appreciated. I have been every year for the past 10, on bikes and in cars but this was the first time for the BoxerCup. Had a great fun weekend. Did a lap each in Gavins van Sat morning to see where the damp patches were and a biker was down and motionless so the track got shut for an hour, hope he was ok. Track finally opened again for bikes mid afternoon and we got out in the dry and with some sun. The track got shut another couple of times during the day for accidents, one was a new Civic type R 'totalled' big style, ouch. It was busy and brilliant as usual. We got three more laps in before calling it a day. Happy days

Glad you survived :D

There does seem to be a lot more loonies on it now for sure, makes me doubt whether I'd ride it again, only because of these twats.

Still when I win the lottery, I'll hire it for the day..

You lot all invited of course :bounce:

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:05 am

I was impressed with the bike, she went better than I was expecting, plenty of grunt and handled perfectly. Apart from hitting a neutral :shock: going down into Ex-Mühle, the bridge over Adenau, everything was 'fine & dandy' :wink:

stevesilver

Postby stevesilver » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 am

BoxerCup R wrote:I was impressed with the bike, she went better than I was expecting, plenty of grunt and handled perfectly. Apart from hitting a neutral :shock: going down into Ex-Mühle, the bridge over Adenau, everything was 'fine & dandy' :wink:

Thats my favourite place to watch from :D

2004, on the best bike ever made :D
Attachments
blade99.jpg
blade99.jpg (52.76 KiB) Viewed 8682 times

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Steve > 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4_1bRLDWCo&t=294s

Me coming out of Brunnchen at 4min 37s and Gavin 10 secs later

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:52 pm

Too Fec*in busy for my liking.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

stevesilver

Postby stevesilver » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:11 am

Bloody hell never seen it that busy, must have been rush hour :D

Return to “Days Out”