Hastings May Day

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

SLOSR11S

Hastings May Day

Postby SLOSR11S » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:14 am

Anyone attending the Hastings May Day Run on May 7th? I'll be there so give me a shout if you are going to be there. I have space for maybe a couple more bikes in the garage to safely park up. 5-10 minutes walk from the sea front

Cheers

Loz

https://m.facebook.com/events/1600731813300372

Neil178

Re: Hastings May Day

Postby Neil178 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:35 pm

On a Monday? It’s possible but I’m thinking about being at the Paignton bike show on the weekend. Live music, ice cream, fish and chips and bikes. What’s not to like?
What’s the craic at Hastings? Just the bikes?
Never been before. I suppose I could lay off the beers on the Sunday and have an early start. Secure parking would be ideal as I’ll have my camping gear with me.
So I’m a certain maybe!

SLOSR11S

Postby SLOSR11S » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:11 pm

Never been before Neil as I'm new to the area. Over the bank holiday weekend there are many things going on kicking off with Jack in the Green festival. It'll be lively I've been assured.

stevesilver

Postby stevesilver » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:49 pm

Its basically thousands and thousands of bikes converging on Hastings seafront.

It started out in the 80's (I've been told) as a few mates meeting at Locksbottom in Bromley/Orpington and riding to Hastings on bank holiday monday.
Over the years its got bigger and bigger. Now must be several thousand leave just from Locksbottom and ride down the A21 to Hastings.
Apparently now there are other meeting points from different areas too.
If you like bikes, you'll love it.
Only downside is the loonies come out to play as well.

Its brilliant......

Return to “Days Out”