*** Welsh Weekend 2019 *** - IS Done :D

Want to hook up with like-minded folk? Anything from a cup o'tea at the Ace to trips abroad.

Moderators: Paul, slparry, Gromit

Billol

Re: *** Welsh Weekend 2019 *** - IS Done :D

Postby Billol » Thu May 09, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi all,
A huge thanks to Steve and everyone for a great weekend, really enjoyed catching up with you all and i must say sorry to Mike for calling him Paul ( which i think suits him more ha ha) but mike it was Gary's fault for changing your name half way through the weekend. so to make sure i get right next time i will call you Pike, so it will be part right, enjoy the birthday french trip and take care ladies & gents till the next ride-out,
Bill (trigger) & Olwen.

popsky

Postby popsky » Sun May 12, 2019 7:43 pm

herrman wrote:Hi all,
Enjoyed the weekend with old friends, Everyone had nice things to say to me regarding Alan which meant a great deal to me. Thinking about putting Alans bike back on the road (for me as i think its more suitable for a man of my age) and hopefully start to enjoy motorcycling again. Once again thanks all for your support.
Regards Peter.

Always a pleasure to share your company Peter and Alan was most definitely missed, and what a cracking idea about the 12r, we shall hopefully see you later this year, you never know when the mojo will return.
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

GRAgusta

Postby GRAgusta » Mon May 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen

Looking back from Kazakhstan I'd like to make a belated thank you to the organising team and all who attended for a truly enjoyable weekend.

On the Sunday we visited nearby Stokesay Castle for a jolly fine day out, and polished off our visit to Wales in a further fun evening with Gwen, Reg and Peter - thanks guys.

Then, via a 5 year old's birthday party we were home on the Tuesday, about 1100 miles covered.

Point of education to note, the Wales Mobile Safety Camera does work in both directions :roll:
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

SP250

Postby SP250 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:43 am

Glad you both enjoyed the weekend and Stokesay Castle was interesing for you.
Here's to the next one.
John M

popsky

Postby popsky » Tue May 21, 2019 8:55 am

GRAgusta wrote:Point of education to note, the Wales Mobile Safety Camera does work in both directions :roll:

Good to meet you both, so I’m assuming you got a ticket :evil:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Al

Postby Al » Tue May 21, 2019 4:10 pm

Hoping there isn’t one waiting for me when I get back from Greece, don’t think I was over limit but I was overtaking on the cross hatched section!!!

A belated thank you for all involved in making a great w/end.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Tue May 21, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi all,
Not got around to putting the 12R back on the road just yet but the 12S is once again back on the road, God it does feel somewhat agricultural but I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough. Only need to put another 16k on it to hit the hundred thousand I always promised I would!!!

Peter.

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue May 21, 2019 8:35 pm

herrman wrote:Hi all,
Not got around to putting the 12R back on the road just yet but the 12S is once again back on the road, God it does feel somewhat agricultural but I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough. Only need to put another 16k on it to hit the hundred thousand I always promised I would!!!

Peter.

Fantastic Peter, hope to see you back on both bikes soon :D Best regards matey
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Tue May 21, 2019 8:51 pm

Cheers Steve,
The S was taxed and insured just no mot until today, seemed a shame to have it sat in the garage so off it went and passed with no problems, just need to sort some insurance for the R and it will then be back on the road--assuming it get through its mot.

Peter.

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Wed May 22, 2019 10:13 am

Hi Steve

Sadly won't be coming as I am just back from our local club's annual trip to Welsh roads (From Essex) I'll be posting a ride report later when I have had a chance to gather photos together.

We gave up trying to find local hotels to fit up to 25 people in Wales and we also gave up trying to stay in Wales itself as the last 100 miles after a days riding from Essex was a killer.

So last year we rode across to Hereford and this year Shrewsbury (North harmer Hill) and stayed at a Premier Inn each time.

We then ride into Wales on Saturday & Sunday doing about 200 miles per day.

We travel as a mixture of couples and singles. This year we were 22 people on 18 bikes and one car (one pillion can no longer get on a bike).

We always book the Meal Deal which adds £23.99 per person per night but this gets you your Breakfast (normally £8.99) plus two courses at Dinner plus a drink at dinner (effectively this means that your breakfast is free).

We had three nights Friday, Sat, Sunday (different process per night) but I paid £399 for two of us including the meal deal.

Just a different approach which works for us.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Return to “Days Out”