BMW Kit

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Do you own any BMW kit?

Yes all my gear is BMW
3%
I own at least one item of BMW clothing
56%
Only my bike is BMW
42%

Total votes: 79

cc mac

Postby cc mac » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:05 pm

I am on my second Sportintegral helmet.Very comfy, quiet and fairly light but I have had to modify mine with a home made deflector which stops incoming vent air from blowing straight into my eyes. I have a degree in product design and the BMW design shouldn't have got past the drawing board nevermind the prototype stage.
Watching you Focker!

RoLoo

Postby RoLoo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:16 pm

cc mac wrote:...Sportintegral & incoming vent air blowing straight into my eyes...

...have the same problem ; and due to that, most of the time I ride around with the visor a bit open... :?
Have a nice day !
Ron.

R1200S + R1200RT
(RoLoo as in RowLow...)

stoney

Postby stoney » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:09 pm

I've had a few BMW jackets, boots and gloves etc. Aesthecially they are very very nice IMHO, the stitching is good and they tend to last well - but the prices - :shock:

£500 for a new tourance jacket :shock: That gets you nearly two HG Cruise jackets.

IMHO the HG stuff is nearly as good and sssoooo much better value...plus it comes with a no quibble two guarantee and 5 year antileak guarantee.

I have a pair of BMW savannah boots that are leaking - just over two years old and BMW won't budge on their two year guarantee - no goodwill gesture or anything - :cry: Dealer tried all they could but BMW wouldn't help at all.

I can't say I'd never buy their clothing again but I would have to be blown away to spend £500+ on a jacket.

that said I find their boots, helmets and gloves to be quite resonably priced.
Andy

Me-109

Postby Me-109 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:58 pm

julian wrote:My favourite piece of kit is a pair of Harley Davidson waterproof sallopettes bought at the Warrs HD.

HD 'pants'? How can they be waterproof with the ar5e missing out of them? Chaps? I'll bet they do.... :lol:

throttlemeister

Postby throttlemeister » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:59 am

stoney wrote:£500 for a new tourance jacket :shock: That gets you nearly two HG Cruise jackets.
I can't say I'd never buy their clothing again but I would have to be blown away to spend £500+ on a jacket.

You need to shop somewhere else. In Holland the Tourance jacket costs 405 euro incl VAT what would be about 273 sterling. Jacket and pants together are 670 euro or 428 sterling. In Germany it is even a little cheaper. You are being ripped off.
Gijs

BMW R1100S | homepage | gallery
BMW K1200S 'tri-color ICBM' | ABS/ESA

stoney

Postby stoney » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:30 am

throttlemeister wrote:
stoney wrote:£500 for a new tourance jacket :shock: That gets you nearly two HG Cruise jackets.

You need to shop somewhere else. In Holland the Tourance jacket costs 405 euro incl VAT what would be about 273 sterling. Jacket and pants together are 670 euro or 428 sterling. In Germany it is even a little cheaper. You are being ripped off.

Welcome to Great Britain!

If I could buy BMW kit cheaper I would be tempted. I already said it was good kit - just not worth the prices our dealers ask for them.
Andy

throttlemeister

Postby throttlemeister » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:00 am

You mean stealers?

I think they buy for X euro, mutiply by 2 and then change the euro sign to pounds and put it in the rack. Should be a law against that!
Gijs

Me-109

Postby Me-109 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:01 am

Our prices will be artificially inflated to cope with the conversion to right hand drive ! :roll:

If you can count the backpack I bought secondhand from a nice board member, I have a single item. Otherwise it tends to be Hein Gericke for clothes, A-stars for boots, RST for gloves and Arai for helmets. Why? 'Cos I've crashed in them before and know the hold up well - as well as fitting me and generally performing well in what they do for the price they are available at.

throttlemeister

Postby throttlemeister » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:22 am

Stop riding the wrong side of the road, and you don't have to deal with that anymore. :lol:
Gijs

cc mac

Postby cc mac » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:57 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cc mac wrote:
...Sportintegral & incoming vent air blowing straight into my eyes...

...have the same problem ; and due to that, most of the time I ride around with the visor a bit open...

I have just recieved a BMW breath guard for the Sportintegral. It is made of rubber and fits very easily. It also has a wind deflector built in which correctly directs the air onto the visor. It eliminates 90% of the misdirected air and only costs a fiver. Part number 7260 7 677 470. I ordered mine from CW Motorcycles in Dorchester, tel 01305 267262. There was a tenner postage but that included my new visor.
Watching you Focker!

Return to “Recommended products/services”