Hein Gericke leathers

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Ade B

Hein Gericke leathers

Postby Ade B » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:20 pm

Have HG Tricky leathers - black zip together, zip vents RIDE recommended, comfy, looks ok in a slightly camp german way etc.

Was generally happy with them (they stood up well to a slow lowside at Brands last year).

Fell off yesterday at Lydden at around 40mph and the majority of the suit did fine, scuffs and a bit of seam tear and worn through stitching. The LH arm zip failed through abrasion and there was a small hole at the shoulder stitching - it looks like it could be easily repaired.

What I wasn't impressed with was the hole which appeared in the flexi panel above my LH knee which resulted in a hole about the size of a 10p piece in my knee almost down to the knee cap. The armour had obviously moved some way down my leg in the fall (a tumble rather than a slide) and the leather stretch panel was clearly not up to the strength of the rest of the suit.

Anyone had any similar experience - armour is all very well if it stays where its meant to be, the suit was snug to say the least (I have to peel it off at the end of the day) but is it something to do with the soft armour in HG stuff bunching up if you fall funny? ie with a straight leg.

Will take this up with HG (although not in a compensation kind of way - track riding = falling off at some point) but I'd hate to think what would happen at motorway speed slides if the leather failed in the same way.

Ade (with a sore knee and critical wallet condition)

PS anyone recommend a decent zip together suit for under £500?
2000 R1100S Sport
1980 Vespa P125X

boxerchic

Postby boxerchic » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:03 pm

J & S Accessories have a big sale on at the moment (see MCN) they have branches all over the place so there may be one near you.

They often have top name stuff reduced. I bought Spidi leathers at half price last year. Just depends what they have in and if it fits but def worth a look if you are anywhere near a branch.

stephenb

Postby stephenb » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:51 pm

BTK leathers made to measure pretty well any design you like, just ordered the trousers £230.00 fully armoured.

Speak to Steve Warren excellent quality

Stephen B
If at first you dont suceed then try try and try again, then stop and offer her money

Rob B

Postby Rob B » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:52 pm

Ade,

I don't know what size you are but I have a spare Spyke two piece that's currently in the shop for sale.

Rgds,

Rob

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:29 am

Cheers fellas

Am looking at around £100 - £150 to get leathers repaired and reinforced which I'm tempted by at the mo as they are generally ok, I don't mind the scuffs it gives you street cred :wink:

Rob B, I'm 5'11 and medium build (42" chest, 34" waist, 32" leg) about 13 stone with a small but fast developing gut.
2000 R1100S Sport

1980 Vespa P125X

Return to “Recommended products/services”