Alpinestars Vantage

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

winger

Alpinestars Vantage

Postby winger » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:29 am

Just as Richard has a fetish of jumping from one bike to another,i have to confess to haveing a similar habit with three quater armoured jackets!!,the main difference is i keep e'm(all of e'm!!)it started with a H/G ProSport(yellow/grey/black) version some years ago and has ended(at the moment!!) with me just buying the Alpinestars Vantage,saw it at the NEC last year couldn't find anyone who stocks e'm,all the dealers tried to fob me of with the cheaper version, so had to order one,what a gem talk about all singing all danceing,cheap it ain't but well worth a look if thats what your into.

Chris

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:48 pm

Tell more Chris - I'm up for a new 3/4 jacket, certainly in the next few months, and although being a dyed-in-the-wool Gericke fan I fancy a change.

Prices? Stockists??

Ta. :)

Oh...as to my fetishes..that'd be telling. :D :D

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:30 pm

Not only does it sing and dance but it also fetches cups of tea from the fine food stands we found at Oulton today :!:
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:53 pm

boxerpan wrote:Not only does it sing and dance but it also fetches cups of tea from the fine food stands we found at Oulton today :!:

Ah...you've been sending Chris to get the teas in then eh??? :D

I see Slocombes stock the jackets:

Image :)

winger

Postby winger » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:04 pm

Hi Richard

Well with two a Spidi(unused i don't do his and hers!!) and two H/G jackets wasn't even remotely happy with anything else i'd tried on,the Alpinstars vantage was on their trade stand tried it it felt spot on,but couldn't find anyone who had it in stock although Hideout leathers show a price on their web site,finally went into my local Alpinstars stockist ordered one as i new the size from the NEC and stuffed e'm up with the H/Out price and got it for 265,it's ajustable everything so you've got enough room to go from a tee shirt to a couple of layers of cloths and a heated vest and still have it fitting,cut round your arse just like the original G/H ProSport,and a soft collar so it's easy going on you helmet,it's just a complete shit if you want to look at one as all the dealers want to sell a different version which i wasn't keen on(no were near the spec),O and the inner is a fleece.

Chris

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:10 pm

Many thanks Chris - just what I wanted to hear. :)

As for this 'easy going on your helmet'.... (sorry!) :D ;)

Seriously - Slocombes do their Vantage at a quid short of 300, take it this is the same jacket? Also, I presume they do plain black?

I had an A/Stars winter jacket about 7 years ago - it was brilliant until our washing maching ate it; the jacket had neoprene cuffs and collar which aswell as being very warm, even when wet, meant there was a good seal at the extremeties.

I'll check the Vantage out. :)

winger

Postby winger » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:03 pm

Hi Richard

If you can find one to try then thats spot on,i had one in black,what i like most theres very little velcro,which i've found go's off after a time,and the way you ajust it is very clever,spend a few minutes looking at it,theres more to it than meets the eye at first.

Thought about the helmet comment!!! the Spidi Vector that Junes got,she bought in Andora,i got one shipped in by the importers on the basis that if it doesn't fit tuff shit!!.(they don't import the top of the range model gods knows were the logic is!!) i had to have the collar taken off(cut down) because it rubbed the back of my arai!!

Chris

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:22 pm

I've noticed that with Arai as the jacket on my Gericke 2-piece leathers has a collar which touches the base of my lid, especially when riding the 600 with its leant forward position.

I've got an old Shoei lid I bought about 10 years ago as a spare - only worn it 2 or 3 times as it's actually not my head shape at all - and it doesn't touch the jacket in any way. Must have a higher neck roll on the Shoei or summat, or the Arai is especially low.

Return to “Recommended products/services”