Baglux

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Penfold

Postby Penfold » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:52 pm

adamski49 wrote:Jan
What are these metal clips you mention? Can you post a pic? Someone on pelican said the same thing but my baglux cover just has two nylon straps and plastic buckles at the front and the same at the rear plus the two plastic clips that attach to the sides. :?
Adam

Just back from work Adam and am out early on Saturday. I'll have a go at posting a piccy when I get home Saturday evening. They are odd looking things; similar in design to the nylon/plastic side jobbies but much smaller, and metal. They fit a treat onto the leading edges of the fairing, but they seem out of keeping with the rest of the design somehow.

As far as the other fittings you mention, I have one strap and a buckle to go round the headstock (not two), two long straps and buckles at the rear, and one nylon/plastic strap and hook each side.

The design of the tank bag however....? I hope I get used to that 'nose' poking me in the chest. I'll be on the bike all day on Saturday (advanced training day with Rapid Training) so it'll be interesting to see how I cope with it. Only done a few miles on the bike so far so it'll be a trial by fire all round!
Penf.
"Crumbs Chief! What do we do now?"

Darth_1100S
Location: It has a pier but it it ain't Blackpool or Brighton

Postby Darth_1100S » Sat May 01, 2004 8:44 am

Jan, I sent you an e mail with a piccy of mine to your www contact. I couldn't get it to post on here. I sent it Thursday night.

Dave 8)

P.S.....You haven't got the cover on back to front have you? The 2 tie on straps go at the front and the single at the back!!!
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Penfold

Postby Penfold » Sat May 01, 2004 5:48 pm

Darth_1100S wrote:Jan, I sent you an e mail with a piccy of mine to your www contact. I couldn't get it to post on here. I sent it Thursday night. Dave 8)
P.S.....You haven't got the cover on back to front have you? The 2 tie on straps go at the front and the single at the back!!!

Oooops! :oops: Sorry Dave. That web site should never have been on my profile. I must have put it there to remind me of the URL whilst searching for a Penfold image to try and load as an Avatar.

I'll PM with my email address for you and no, the cover's not on back to front, otherwise the cut-out for the front shock absorber handwheel would be under the seat, and the tank bag would open the wrong way round :) ! My cover has one strap at the front (plus the two clips) and two at the rear. What do you use both straps at the front for anyway? A brolly? :P I've just taken a couple of photos of the tank cover and clips and will try to post them here a bit later.
Cheers,
Penf.

Penfold

Postby Penfold » Sat May 01, 2004 6:11 pm

adamski49 wrote:Jan, What are these metal clips you mention? Can you post a pic? Someone on pelican said the same thing but my baglux cover just has two nylon straps and plastic buckles at the front and the same at the rear plus the two plastic clips that attach to the sides. :?
Adam

I've taken the photos Adam/Dave but hadn't realised (until now) that I first have to have a web site to post images here. Bear with me chaps and I'll try and build one. This may take a little while ...! One small step for man, one giant leap for Penfold. :roll:

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Sat May 01, 2004 7:49 pm

Penfold,

You don't need to build a site, just upload the picture to some web space and make a link to that file. Most ISP's give you a small amount of web space you can use. Drop me a PM if you need any help.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Penfold

Postby Penfold » Tue May 04, 2004 10:34 pm

adamski49 wrote:Jan
What are these metal clips you mention? Can you post a pic? Someone on pelican said the same thing but my baglux cover just has two nylon straps and plastic buckles at the front and the same at the rear plus the two plastic clips that attach to the sides. :?
Adam

With many thanks to Paul, I've uploaded some photos of the Baglux metal cover clips to a web site so, hopefully, you'll be able to see what I'm on about. I've had a reply from Baglux that they have changed the design of the tank cover but there was a problem opening my attachments (you can see that I'm a natural with this modern technology can't you) and they couldn't be sure what mine was like. Hopefully, I'll have this resolved tomorrow.
Fingers crossed, here you go:
Can I open my eyes now? Did that work?
Penf

Darth_1100S

Postby Darth_1100S » Tue May 04, 2004 10:38 pm

'Fraid not Jan - can't see a thing except for 2 red crosses in a square diddlysquat thingy :?

D 8)

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Tue May 04, 2004 10:42 pm

Penfold

Ooerr... mine works as well with two straps at the front instead of a strap and two clips.

If I were you I'd stick some PVC tape over the paintwork where the clips hook on - I put the tape where the straps would rub to keep the paintwork umarked and it's worked so far.

Adam
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

Darth_1100S

Postby Darth_1100S » Tue May 04, 2004 11:00 pm

I honestly can't see the cover being that secure with just the 2 small straps and poxy metal clips at the front, instead of 2 straps that fasten right around the headstock area. Apart from anything else the two metal clips are bound to damage the plastic fairing. Sounds like a cheapening of the design to save a few pence on production costs to me. The fairing at the front is really not that strong to hold the cover in place. If it was mine I'd send it back and ask them to replace it with the older design or refund my cash

Just my twopenneth

Dave. 8)
Last edited by Darth_1100S on Tue May 04, 2004 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Penfold

Postby Penfold » Tue May 04, 2004 11:01 pm

Darth_1100S wrote:'Fraid not Jan - can't see a thing except for 2 red crosses in a square diddlysquat thingy :?
D 8)

Dave,
You've not quite got the hang of this yet mate have you? :roll: What you have to do is to get VERRRY close to the VDU screen and focus on one of the red crosses No, closer. Go on, closer; with your nose touching the glass so it goes all tingly. That's it. Now, keep one eye open and stare at the red cross with the other one until it hurts. This may take a little while. I'll pop back in about 20 minutes to see how you are getting on. If you tell me that you still can't see the cover by then I'll ask you to do it again but for a little longer. Up to you. Now, are you sure you can't see it?
Hope this helps, :wink:
Penf

Darth_1100S

Postby Darth_1100S » Tue May 04, 2004 11:03 pm

Yep :roll:

Steve W

Postby Steve W » Wed May 05, 2004 9:03 am

Adam

Not sure how long you have had your cover for, but I would check the 2 straps that go round the headstock as one of mine has worn right through and the other one is also starting to fray. My cover is now 2+ years old.

Steve

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Wed May 05, 2004 10:20 am

Steve

Had mine nearly two years as well but it spends more time sat in my garage than fitted to the bike - I guess I've only done 4k with it fitted so it doesn't get the same hardcore use yours does.

Having heard lots of good things about baglux aftersales I'd give them a ring - you'll most likely get a free repair or, even better, a replacement.

Adam :)
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

Return to “Recommended products/services”