Baglux

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Darth_1100S
Location: It has a pier but it it ain't Blackpool or Brighton

Baglux

Postby Darth_1100S » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:37 am

Today, I got my new Baglux tank cover and bag direct from Baglux. I've got to say the qualityof their stuff is superb. I do have a bit of a problem tho'! Being quite a small guy I find the the bag is positioned too far to the back of the tank. The reach around the bag is quite uncomfortable for me. I've got one of the smallest bags they do, so I'm glad I didn't get the biggun! Tomorrow I'm going for a run to see how I get on with it. If it's a problem I'll get in touch with them to see what they can suggest...I'll keep you posted.

Dave.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

minivin

Postby minivin » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:52 am

do you have a photo to post looking sideways at the cover and then with the bag fitted? I had a Baglux on my ol' Triumph T595 and it was brilliant, been thinking of trading my BMW tank bag in for a Baglux cover and bag but if as you say it's further back than the BMW system I might think twice as my 5' 7" stick form has problems with the present system ;)
Classic Motorcycle Magazine, Young Motorcyclist of the Year 2003

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:40 pm

Damn good kit Baglux :)

Herrman (Peter Lyon) has one on his S. He's possibly not much taller than 5'8" - may be worth asking how he gets on with it. :)

minivin

Postby minivin » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:01 pm

yup, and then I can have an A4 map in the pocket instead of a tiddly little scrap of paper ;) or maybe I should just go bye a GPS handheld :roll:

bigblackfalco

Re: Baglux

Postby bigblackfalco » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:42 pm

Darth_1100S wrote:Today, I got my new Baglux tank cover and bag direct from Baglux. I've got to say the qualityof their stuff is superb. I do have a bit of a problem tho'! Being quite a small guy I find the the bag is positioned too far to the back of the tank. The reach around the bag is quite uncomfortable for me. I've got one of the smallest bags they do, so I'm glad I didn't get the biggun! Tomorrow I'm going for a run to see how I get on with it. If it's a problem I'll get in touch with them to see what they can suggest...I'll keep you posted.

Dave.

Dave.I manage fine with mine and I'm only a short arse!
I have the Shibuya bag(same as Steve Warren).
One thing thing that would help you is putting the bars in the up position.
Bailey.

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Postby RiceBurner » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:41 am

My gf has a "city" bag on her 'Blade - it's nice and small - but it's not very weather proof unfortunately.

I've also ordered one, but didnt' order the weather cover (doh!) They say it'll be a long lead time cos they don't have any bronze/black Rockster tank covers in yet - but at least they told me that rather than not! :)
non quod, sed quomodo

Darth_1100S

Postby Darth_1100S » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:43 pm

I've decided that the Shibuya bag and me just aren't going to get on! It really digs into my ribs - hurts like hell after a few miles, so God knows what it would be like after a 1000 miles or so around Europe!

A mate of mine has the bigger Delta bag on his CB1300. but this is sloped down towards the back. I called round to see him over the weekend and he let me try it on the 'S'. It's a hell of an improvement for me over the Shibuya.

I contacted Baglux this morning and spoke to Mel there. She is so helpful, it's really nice to deal with a company who treat you with respect and care about how you get on with their product. She offered to give me a full refund on the harness and the bag, but I really like it (plus all the other makes of bag out there seem to be magnetic) so I declined the offer. I'm going over to Abergele to the Baglux head office tomorrow and she's going to sort me out with a Delta bag in exchange. If I go on the bike she even offered that I try out all the bags to see which one suits me - brilliant!

In exteme cases they can even alter the existing harness to move the bag further forward. I have a lot of bother with bikes because of my size - 5'-7" with very short legs and arms (I blame the parents)

Anyway - baglux, top company I'd highly recommend their products and service.

Dave.

Darth_1100S

Postby Darth_1100S » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:46 pm

P.S.... Minivin, If you like I'll post some photos, but I'm sure you'll get on ok with the Baglux gear if you get the Delta bag. The Harness is a superb fit.

Dave

minivin

Postby minivin » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:00 am

If you could do that would be nice! also might help other people if they are thinking about it as well :)

Darth_1100S wrote:P.S.... Minivin, If you like I'll post some photos, but I'm sure you'll get on ok with the Baglux gear if you get the Delta bag. The Harness is a superb fit.

Dave

Darth_1100S

Postby Darth_1100S » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:08 am

I haven't got a clue how to post photos on here!! Sooo... have a butchers at my Yahoo photo album. Go to "BMW 1100S" and the Baglux is shown on the last shot.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ridgew ... /my_photos

Dave.

Darth_1100S

Postby Darth_1100S » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:50 pm

I've been up to "Baglux Towers" in Abergele today. Sounds very grand but it's actually a small shop! The staff there are brilliant, they couldn't have been more helpful, I was even offered a cup of coffee! I got the Shibuya bag changed for the Delta no problem. It's much more comfortable, I've taken another photo of the bike with it on so you can see the difference.

Cheers - Dave

Gats

Postby Gats » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:32 pm

Dave, the tank cover looks great. Bagster did a great job of matching the mandarin!
Where's the 'Baglux Towers' you were referring to? Time to get one for the KRS.
Gary Rose.
'06 R1200S Titanium with farkles - Moristech Pro Sequential Interceptor, full Remus system, carbon bits
'12 Tiger Explorer, loaded
'15 Triumph Thruxton ACE Cafe (hers)
-------------
A little inaccuracy saves a tonne of explanation.

Darth_1100S

Postby Darth_1100S » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:57 pm

Gats, Baglux head office and shop is in Abergele North Wales, just off the A55 past Rhyl (or before - depending on which way you're travelling!)

They do an excellent mail order service, bag and cover for £6 delivery, took mine 2 days to arrive.

Link to their site: http://www.baglux.co.uk/

Dave.

Penfold

Is that right??

Postby Penfold » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:38 pm

Darth_1100S wrote:I haven't got a clue how to post photos on here!! Sooo... have a butchers at my Yahoo photo album. Go to "BMW 1100S" and the Baglux is shown on the last shot.
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ridgew ... /my_photos
Dave.

Hi Dave,

I've just bought Dan's R1100S off him and took your advice and immediately invested in exactly the same Baglux stuff as you fitted. I'm just 5'8" so didn't want to suffer the same problems that you had, and hope to learn from your experience.

I've just fitted the kit and have to ask a couple of questions if I may?

1) How are you getting-on with the bit of the bag that hangs down the back of the tank? From my very brief experience, it seems to poke into my chest! It looks to be fitted exactly the same from what I can see in your photo. I'm used to baglux kit, but this bag is a bit odd. Mind you, I'm still coming to terms with the bike ...

2) There are two metal clips attached to straps at the front end of the tank cover, either side of the piece that ties round the headstock. I've clipped mine to the fairing, but am surprised that they are metal, unlike the plastic side clips that clip to the base of the tank. Have I got that right?

3) How are you getting on with it, now that you've had a few weeks?

Thanks,
Jan (Penfold)
"Crumbs Chief! What do we do now?"

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:09 am

Jan

What are these metal clips you mention? Can you post a pic? Someone on pelican said the same thing but my baglux cover just has two nylon straps and plastic buckles at the front and the same at the rear plus the two plastic clips that attach to the sides. :?

Adam
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

Return to “Recommended products/services”