Fieldsheer

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

adamski49

Fieldsheer

Postby adamski49 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:00 pm

If anyone's on the lookout for some new gear take a look at the Fieldsheer range. Good quality, full of CE armour and cheaper than Hein Gericke.

http://fieldsheer.com/uk/

I visited Taz in Peterborough and picked up a Spiga jacket in the sale reduced to £70 (from £100) and a pair of Astro Pants for £80 that can be fully zipped together.

If this stuff's as good as it feels I won't be getting cold or wet on next weekends Oop Norf jaunt... in fact seeing as I've just spent the money we'll probably have scorchio weather and I'll sweat my bits off...well, maybe.

Adam
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:09 pm

Doh! Just realised there's a recommended products section :oops:

Please feel free to move this thread moderator type people.

Adam :)
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Shazam!!

Postby Paul » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:45 pm

Your wish is my command.

Da Moderator

adamski49

Re: Shazam!!

Postby adamski49 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:39 pm

Paul wrote:Your wish is my command.

Da Moderator

Ta :D

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:03 pm

Following a drenching on the Oop Norf tour I'll withdraw the recommendation for now.

The Spiga jacket isn't made for the downpour we were riding in - the collar's too low and water made it's way in around my neck, albeit slowly and the single zip / velcro storm flap affair didn't work too well as the inner pocket was damp. I also believe this is how I ended up with a damp crotch as water made it's way down the front of the jacket and inside the trousers - as it's a blouson style the overlap just isn't enough even with the connecting zip. Strangely, it lets in a draught at the front waist as well which won't bode well for staying cosy warm in the depths of winter.

I'll be returning to Taz to see what they have to say / refund / exchange.

Adam

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:54 pm

Quick update.

Returned to Taz and was offered exchange for the same or another jacket. They were surprised that it leaked as they hadn't had a leak with this jacket before.

Due to limited funds I decided to exchange for another identical jacket as I actually really like it and decided that 6 hours in torrential rain is extreme and I'm unlikely to ride in these conditions very often.

Adam

Return to “Recommended products/services”