Eazy Rizer bike lift

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Eazy Rizer bike lift

Postby Paul » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:12 pm

I've just split the cost of one of these with Steve W:

It mounts under the engine and secures using two brackets to the footpegs. You can then raise the bike using an electic drill and a 22mm socket to drive the helical screw lifting mechanism:

Ideal for painting your manky front fork castings:

Also used it to lift the bike while I adjusted the valves, which was a breeze sitting on a stool with the cylinder at head height, rather than grubbing around on hands and knees. Top toy. Call me or Steve for our weekend bike lift rental rates :wink:

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

gus

Postby gus » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:25 pm

Paul
What a fantastic piece of kit!
I would love one,but maybe i should get a garage first! :shock:
Still cant beat a trolley jack and old off cuts of wood for the will it wont it fall off thrill!
Keeps the kids in the street entertained for hours when doing work on my bike.
gus

Harry

Postby Harry » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:17 pm

Your gonna need some oil soon mate...

nice toy mind!

julian

Postby julian » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:25 pm

gus wrote:Still cant beat a trolley jack and old off cuts of wood for the will it wont it fall off thrill!
Keeps the kids in the street entertained for hours when doing work on my bike.
gus

Gus - I'll raise you with a 7Kg Calor gas cylinder rolled under the forks or sump. Top piece of kit that doubles as ground anchor.

Paul - nice lift. My Mrs will be pleased when I borrow it cos it'll keep the bike off the dining room carpet.
BMW R1100S (Black)
Suzuki TL1000S (Red)

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:16 am

Does this mean that you'll no longer be needing that case of becks to prop your bike up? and do you need any help draining it ? :D

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

Paul

Postby Paul » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:03 pm

Boxered wrote:Does this mean that you'll no longer be needing that case of becks to prop your bike up? and do you need any help draining it ? :D

Steve

Steve,

I was planning in experimenting with running Becks instead of engine oil over the summer, since it's bound to keep the engine cooler. I'll report back on progress...

Paul :wink:
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

bernsmartco

Postby bernsmartco » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:12 pm

Paul,
Where from and how much if you don't mind me asking?

Was thinking of getting a bike lift but can't really justify a table type so was looking at one of those roll under type.

Anybody got contacts in the trade to offer us a club discount / group buy?

Bern
Ride safely
Bern.

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:15 pm

Paul, what did you paint the fork legs with ?
Is that the bike in the tank bag thread with what looks like 30+k on the clock ? Seriously though how do you keep the bike so clean ?
Nigel B

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

Archie

Postby Archie » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:29 pm

He's got a nasty affliction that causes intense twitching usually involving sponges, brushes, chemicals and water. It starts of with a mild wash and wax and over a period of months ends up with polishing the edges of stainless washers.

I think he caught it by sitting too close to Boxadog over breakfast on a Sunday morning.

Boxadog 2000

Postby Boxadog 2000 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:31 pm

Incurable disease

Paul

Postby Paul » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:46 am

bernsmartco wrote:Paul,
Where from and how much if you don't mind me asking?

Was thinking of getting a bike lift but can't really justify a table type so was looking at one of those roll under type.

Anybody got contacts in the trade to offer us a club discount / group buy?

Bern

Bern,

The web site for the manufacturer is http://www.bike-lift.com/eazyrizer.htm. the cost of the lift, plus adaptors for the S plus postage is around £335, hence the grand scheme of sharing one with Steve. I'd have to swallow hard to justify stumping up that amount by myself, but splitting the cost makes it almost bearable. It is a bloody good toy though. The Eazy rizer site has some video clips showing the lift being used to raise and lower a bike, so you can gett a better idea of how it works. It also has some fairly impressive clips of someone trying (and thankfully failing!) to topple a bike on the raised lift.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul

Postby Paul » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:00 am

nab 301 wrote:Paul, what did you paint the fork legs with ?
Is that the bike in the tank bag thread with what looks like 30+k on the clock ? Seriously though how do you keep the bike so clean ?
Nigel B

Nigel,

The previous owner (also a Nigel!) kept the bike in absolutely mint condition. I've felt obliged to try and keep up the good work, but to not quite the same high standard. The bike gets used all year round, so in Winter it gets a regular Saturday afternoon wash with the grimy wheels, engine and shaft being sprayed with Muc-off to loosen the dirt. I then use a good quality shampoo such as Mer or Auto Glym. It gets waxed with Mer every three or four months, which brings out the shine nicely. In Winter, if the roads have been particularly salty, I hose the bike down with cold water to get he worst of it off before putting the bike back in the garage.

To paint the forks, I used Nitromors automotive to strip off what was left of the old paint. I then used some wet & dry and wire wool to clean up the corroded areas. It was then painted using Halfords own brand spray paints, starting with a couple of coats of grey primer, followed by 3 coats of a silver paint whose colour was labelled "Aluminium", finished off with a couple of coats of clear laquer.

I would like to state publicly, that I have never ever polished the edge of a Stainless steel washer :roll: If you want to see a really clean S, come along to a Boxertrix breakfast run with Boxadog or Stempy.

Hope this helps,

Paul

winger

Postby winger » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:22 pm

The very first Boxertrix meeting was in Ashbourne everyone is haveing breakfast Nigels out the back with a bucket and sponge!!!!! and i bet you think i'm jokeing.

Paul. Why didn't you take the legs off and save all the poncing about with the masking????

Chris

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:57 pm

[
quote]If you want to see a really clean S, come along to a Boxertrix breakfast run with Boxadog or Stempy.

Paul I'd have to do a mammoth polishing /stainless steel replacement session first ! :oops:
Nigel B

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

Paul

Postby Paul » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:57 pm

winger wrote:Paul. Why didn't you take the legs off and save all the poncing about with the masking????

Chris

My golden rule of spannering is to minimise the amount of disassembly, since that cuts the odds of shearing/stripping bolts :wink:

Paul

Return to “Recommended products/services”