LEVERS...............

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Blackal

LEVERS...............

Postby Blackal » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:48 pm

If you can't justify the cost of Pazzo or CRG Levers, but are looking for something better than the Chinese ones - have a look at these V-Trec levers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V-Trec-acc-f- ... 278wt_1136

Available in short, normal and safety-folding - they are TUV certified, and not badly priced.

For quality, I think they are well up there with the Pazzo/CRG/ASV levers. and the TUV cert should mean more than "They look brilliant, so they must be as good as Pazzos!" :D

Lots of colour combinations too.

Here's one I made earlier..................

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:18 pm

Coincidently, just brought a pair for my new to me 1250 Bandit, haven’t seen them yet but will try and fit over the weekend. Got them from a different place, somewhere in Germany, BS Motoparts, that I used before but similar price. Will let you know what they are like.

http://www.bs-motoparts.com/en/brake--a ... s-c985.htm

Reason for buying was that the bike had an aftermarket tail tidy, undertray and rear light unit that was total cr*p (lenses melting etc) and had to be swapped for original. It also had some after market Pazzo look a likes and I figured may have come from the same place as the tail tidy…

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:20 am

Well, fitted the levers to the bike this weekend.

They look and feel very good quality, easy to fit but the instructions are in German only, (not that’s it hard to work it out anyway).

Good amount of adjustment and feel comfortable. Only slight down downside is that the ‘flip up’ feature means that when I pull the lever in, the lever lifts at the joint, more so with the clutch. Ended up tightening the joint and seem to reduce the effect. Just a case of getting used to them I guess.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:22 pm

Pretty sure mine came from the same place.

I reckon they are well-worth it.

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

adam

Re: LEVERS...............

Postby adam » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:10 pm

Be very careful buying aftermarket levers. Some don't allow the M/cyl piston to retract far enough (we are talking thous" here) This can cause brake drag several miles down the road and lead to the wheel locking up. An example of this is with Buells. A lot of companies (and MoFuCo Dealers) will sell you a brake lever listed as fitting all models, but the XB and Tube frame bikes are different, although visually the same. I always mount mine on a jig ie a drill bit shank that fits snugly and measure the length of the nose with verniers to make sure the 'nose' that pushes the piston is the same length, or slightly shorter, than the one you have replaced.

adam

Postby adam » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:11 pm

Have to add, Pazzos are always correct in my experience 8)

Chout1963

Postby Chout1963 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:03 pm

I have those adjustable levers on my wife's R1200GS:
https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/ ... lever.html
She is very happy with the levers, high-quality.

Return to “Recommended products/services”