Rapid Training

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Rapid Training

Postby Paul » Tue May 10, 2005 8:39 pm

Just spent the day, along with Steve W, on an advanced riding course with Rapid Training. We had a great time and both feel that it was a very useful day. We went out with a police class 1 instructor called Andy Morrison who analysed our riding styles, picked up on the areas where we could improve (cornering and overtaking) and gave us specific techniques to help make an improvement.

Andy uses the police 'system' for riding, but doesn't push this down your throat. I was pleased that he focussed in on particular aspects of our riding style and worked to address those, rather than just giving a canned overview of 'the system'.

We met up with Andy at his home in Banbury and spent the day wandering over the twisty roads around the Cotswolds, alternating between Steve and myself leading. Cost for the day was £130 each and in my opinion, it was well worth it. Highly recommended.

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Harry

Postby Harry » Wed May 11, 2005 8:22 am

I'd back that up.
Jan/Vienna and I did a day with Rapid last year with their Caterham based instructor. Well worth it.
harry.

sandbar

Postby sandbar » Wed May 11, 2005 8:39 am

I agree!

I have done a couple of track days where these guys have been the instructors. Very knowledgeable and very approachable. Nice guys

Although I seem to remember one occasion where a couple of them got out of hand and were indulging in some serious (and I mean serious!! :twisted: :twisted: ) racing against each other and had to be sanctioned!!

Sandbar
www.sandbarcomposites.co.uk

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:21 pm

Just to bump this back to the top having spent a day with Andy Morrison on his local patch.

I'd been meaning to do this for ages now, but finally got round to it when Mrs Gromit suggested a day with them as my birthday pressie.

All in all it was absolutely fantastic; Andy was very encouraging yet constructive with the criticisms levelled at my riding. Never at any time did I feel as though I was being lectured, and doing the best I could to react to his suggestions (and put them into practice) found me discovering many new ways to improve technique and therefore enjoy my bike.

Strangest thing was by the end of the day I felt like I was going slower, but in fact Andy said I was travelling much quicker but with greater safety margins. That's got to be a good thing. I'm bloody knackered now though.

Very highly recommended. :)

Oh, and the S did me proud. It really is a fine road bike. :)

ivorbaines

Dave Corden

Postby ivorbaines » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:15 pm

Hi,
I strongly agree that the police instructors are some of the best. I have been out for a day with Dave Corden earlier in the year, I found it very helpful as well as entertaining and would also recommend his services, I have no connection with Dave other than this event. He can be found on the following link, his rates are extremely competitive.
http://www.dcadvanced.co.uk/courses.asp
Cheers
Last edited by ivorbaines on Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:23 pm

Nice one Ivor - thanks for the link. :)

Only downside is that Dave rides a Honda Blackbird, but we all have our crosses to bare. :( ;)

I like the look of the 4-day course which gives a 'Level III qualification' or equivalent of an NVQ.

May just check this guy out. :)

Rods

Postby Rods » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:01 pm

'scuse me Gromit. See you Saturday. The gauntlet has been laid...

:wink:
Another brilyunt mind diztroyed

by the publik edukashun sistum.

Return to “Recommended products/services”