Adelaide Insurance (Belfast)

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Blackal

Adelaide Insurance (Belfast)

Postby Blackal » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:02 pm

Phoned up Adelaide Insurance (Belfast) and got a quote for 4 bikes (3 of which are significantly-modified) - great service, and a great quote.

Sent them my list of bikes, with modifications listed with values, together with a side-on pic of each one.

Unlike a lot of other brokers/underwriters - all the modifications are not only accepted............ but are covered too!

In the case of my R-1, that is Power Commander, Cans, Full Ohlins suspension, Carbon Fibre wheels.

They understood the need to acknowledge the acceptance of the modifications - which most other brokers don't.

Tip top service, and 2/3 the price of Carol Gnash (and all the shite - that entails :evil: )

I'd recommend giving James Fraser a call, on 028 9044 2200.

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

bfisher

Re: Adelaide Insurance (Belfast)

Postby bfisher » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:22 pm

On the back of reading this, i was to make an enquiry to these guys now under the name of Corn Market Insurance, i got in touch following my renewal from a CN for multi-bike policy (r11s plus my other daily commuter Honda Lead 108cc (!!!)); in essence get an online quote from https://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk, send them through reference & they will take care of the rest for a lower price. Friendly phone calls, no hard sell, acceptance of mods (K&N, rocket sprockets, wilber shocks etc no problem)... £261.. all add-ons excluding roadside (won't cover bikes over 15 years old but i don't need it anyhow)...i have to take class 1 (multiple business addresses which adds another £80) but all in all a as good of a buy as i think you will get.. hopefully i never have to report on their services in any other form than renewal..Like Al, i can recommend...

http://www.cornmarketinsurance.co.uk/

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:00 pm

I went with them after I passed the advanced (IAM) test, because they recognised it and gave a good discount to full IAM members. After about 3 years, the renewal quote went up about 50%, so I compared the meerkat and found a much better quote, so went with that.

A few days later, I received a call from Adelaide asking if I would like to accept the renewal quote. I said I didn't and had gone elsewhere because of much better deal. He said they guarantee to match any quote I can prove, and I just need to send copy of quote. So I asked why they couldn't have given me a better renewal quote in the first place.

The conversation went downhill from there... :shock:

I didn't see why I should do the work for them, and he didn't agree. I went back to them for the car for a couple of years, and they do phone every renewal date for bike and car, to see if I can be tempted back. But their initial quote is always higher, with the promise of matching whatever else I come up with. Still not sure I should do the work for them.

Otherwise, they do seem pretty good.

bfisher

Postby bfisher » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:28 pm

I did have a similar conversation with both CN & ConMarket; CN were arrogant to the point the guy didn't believe i had a quote... When i challenged Corn Market he said the reason they have to operate like this is that their brokers will audit them & hence why they need the evidence etc. I don't necessarily agree but at least he was able to give a reason.

My approach with ALL insurance companies is to tell them up front, best & final offer if they want my business; sometimes it works, sometimes its not worth the hassle of a few quid to change & sometimes they don't give a dam. Its a captive market that doesn't really care about loyalty (as to few industries these days (likewise could be said about the consumer)... i don't get it however, give me a good honest quote & you will get my business (i will always validate it so don't bother with trying to screw me over)...

B

bfisher

Postby bfisher » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:30 pm

Oh & don't forget a little bit of customer service.. it goes a long way...

Return to “Recommended products/services”