Winter / Waterproof Gloves

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Rob B

Winter / Waterproof Gloves

Postby Rob B » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:18 pm

Anyone have a pair they love? After a few cold miles my waterproof gloves make my hands sweat. They are also very slow to dry inside so even a day or so later, just after cold riding, not wet, they are still damp inside.

I guess they don't have a good breatable membrane.

Open to suggestions.

Rgds,

Rob

adamski49

Postby adamski49 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:40 pm

Rob

I've got some Belstaff Patrol gloves, £40 and MCN rated. These only make my hands sweat when it's really warm and I should be using summer gloves.

They've been waterproof so far but can't say how they'd stand up to serious rainfall - the last time I tried (oop norf) the water ran down my sleeves and inside the gloves :( This happened within 10 minutes and before it occurred to me that I should have tucked them up my sleeves.. doh!

HTH

Adam
Forgive me father for I have sinned... ex S owner moved onto pastures new with four cylinders and a chain... and back to a twin, albeit in a V.

Darth_1100S
Location: It has a pier but it it ain't Blackpool or Brighton

Postby Darth_1100S » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:27 pm

Rob I got a pair of Gericke "Pathans" a couple of years ago. They're excellently warm in the winter and superb in a downpour - mine have never let a drop of water in. Only about £30 as well - bargain :mrgreen:

For slightly cooler weather I use a pair of Sidi Caldo gloves. I had those for 4 years now, and the only time they let in was last year in an absolute torrential downpour in Wester Ross Scotland. They'd dried out by the following morning. Can't remember how much they were, but I'm trying to find a new pair now 'cos these are getting worn out. If I find any I'll let ya know

Dave 8)
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Postby RiceBurner » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:08 pm

Pathan's Nuff said.

Mine have even survived two recent offs and stayed waterproof!
non quod, sed quomodo

carlk

Postby carlk » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:51 pm

Pathans
traffic Dodger

Return to “Recommended products/services”