German BMW Motorcycle Accessory

Any bike-related products/services you wish to recommend.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Hornig Tobias

German BMW Motorcycle Accessory

Postby Hornig Tobias » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:42 pm

Hi,

My Dad and I are runnig a BMW Accessory Company in germany and I'm interessted to know how many BMW riders are in this forum ...

We sell a lot of accessories and also replacement- and wear and tear parts like brake pads, oil- and airfilter, and we organize motorcycle tours in Bavaria, Austria and the Czech Republic.

I hope you can find a lot of interessting things on my page:

http://www.motorradzubehoer-hornig.de

You're always welcome,

Tobi

Darth_1100S
Location: It has a pier but it it ain't Blackpool or Brighton

Postby Darth_1100S » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:45 pm

Most people I know who run a business pay for their advertising :mrgreen:
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

minivin

Postby minivin » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:16 pm

and trying to sell stainless screws wont be appreciated by some :wink: :D
Classic Motorcycle Magazine, Young Motorcyclist of the Year 2003

Harry

Postby Harry » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:27 pm

Tobi,
To give you a fair answer, nearly everyone on this site (the active ones anyway) is a BMW rider. Except for the odd Fireplace.

However, I tried loading your site and it didn't load past the first page (with the flags).
And on the subject of flags - since the langauage is called English I recon you should have our flag and not a US one.

Now, more importantly, will you be doing any discounts if we access from The Boxertrix site?

Harry

Darth_1100S

Postby Darth_1100S » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:37 pm

I got it to load ok Harry, just the same old, same old really All the stuff I saw on there I can get from Motorworks. If I need anything out of the ordinary I'll go to A&S or Boxer Design.... Of course for stainless nuts & bolts I'll go to Rob :wink:

http://catalog.ascycles.com/viewProduct ... _id=621465

http://www.boxer-design.de/en/index.htm

Dave. 8)

stempy
Captain

Postby stempy » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:14 pm

Gotta ge me one of those carbon fibre bog seats :lol:

Hornig Tobias

Postby Hornig Tobias » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:23 pm

Are the English the same suckers like the german ???

Please, don't be mope.
But isn't it a very good and easy way for a small company that tries to get bigger, to post one ad in a forum. (I know this doesn't excuse "the bad thing" I've done ...)
And isn't it a advantage for all this BMW riders in this forum to get to know a new company, maybe with new stuff an better prices.

How you can see I do some more discussing in this forum!

I have onle seen such a exclusive behaviour in a german forum before. But I don't believe that the English are the same suckers like the german ... do you ???

To the american flag on my page ... We have a lot more customers from the usa than from the uk ... and in all us boards I was welcomed in a very nice way ... hm ...

Yours,

Tobi

stempy
Captain

Postby stempy » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:19 pm

Almost had a Fawlty moment there, but managed to control myself. :lol:

minivin

Postby minivin » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:30 am

maybe on the flag front a diagonally split anglo/american flag? just a thought

keep up the good work, if you think of a new product yourself then keep us posted as you never know someone else might not have thought of it yet but people have been waiting for it.

Hornig Tobias wrote:Are the English the same suckers like the german ???

Please, don't be mope.
But isn't it a very good and easy way for a small company that tries to get bigger, to post one ad in a forum. (I know this doesn't excuse "the bad thing" I've done ...)
And isn't it a advantage for all this BMW riders in this forum to get to know a new company, maybe with new stuff an better prices.

How you can see I do some more discussing in this forum!

I have onle seen such a exclusive behaviour in a german forum before. But I don't believe that the English are the same suckers like the german ... do you ???

To the american flag on my page ... We have a lot more customers from the usa than from the uk ... and in all us boards I was welcomed in a very nice way ... hm ...

Yours,

Tobi
Classic Motorcycle Magazine, Young Motorcyclist of the Year 2003

bernsmartco

Postby bernsmartco » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:53 pm

Tobi,
I think the problem here is that you recommended yourself and since there are already quite a large number of companies in the BMW parts aftermarket sales business what makes you preferable to any of the others. Do you have a unique sales proposition?
If what you are selling is of comparable quality and the price to members of this forum is better than we can obtain from other suppliers we have been using for some time then you may find we would be happy to do the recommending.
You might like to think of some introductory discounts and perhaps free post and packing as an incentive for someone to try your service out.

Bern

Darth_1100S

Postby Darth_1100S » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:48 pm

Darth_1100S wrote:Most people I know who run a business pay for their advertising :mrgreen:

Tobi, sorry if I upset you with my remark, it was meant to be flippant - not nasty.

From a personal point of view, every morning I come into my office and open up my emails only to be bombarded by meaningless spam. So when I come to one of my forums the last thing I want to see is yet more unsolicited advertising. You probably are cheaper for parts if the target audience is Germany, but by the time P&P is added to the UK the price is no longer competitive with what is available here. From I've seen of your products there's nothing there that cannot be obtained over here. To expand on what Bern said, to be successful in business you have to have a U.S.P - Unique Selling Point. Something that sets your business apart from others doing the same thing........Now a 50% discount to Boxertrix members would be a VERY good U.S.P. :wink:

Good luck with the business
Dave. 8)

Return to “Recommended products/services”